Weekly Summary: 1st District, 04/17/07 to 04/25/07
Weekly Summary: 1st District, 04/17/07 to 04/25/07
MONTGOMERY COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF POLICE
CRIME ANALYSIS SECTION
Note that additional incidents may have occurred, but the reports may not have been received at the time of this report.
· Four commercial burglaries (three on one night) occurred in Adam Sector that may be related.
· Businesses that aren’t even open yet in the new Rockville Town Center are already being targeted for burglary. See A3
· A carjacking occurred (under questionable circumstances) at the Hilton Hotel on Rockville Pike. See B1.
· An attempted burglary occurred at the Lighthouse Tofu restaurant, 12710 Twinbrook Parkway sometime around 4:48 am on Saturday 4/21. The front door glass was found cracked but not shattered, setting off the alarm.
· Several minutes later at 4:51 am, the alarm went off at the Pollo Dorado Restaurant located at 12218 Veirs Mill Road. Video captured the gloved suspect breaking the front door glass and taking the cash register in its entirety. If the alarm time from the previous entry and the video times from this event are accurate, it may seem difficult (but not impossible) to go from one place to the other in three minutes.
Suspect: Hispanic Male 20-30 years, 5’2” to 5’7”, 160-180, base ball cap, grey shirt, blue jeans, tan boots
· Between Saturday 4/21 at 9:00 pm and Sunday 4/22 at 8:45 am, the Pho Hoa Binh Restaurant at 11782 Parklawn Drive was also burglarized. All elements of the Pollo Dorado event (without any video) were present here as well.
· The American Legion post at 2013 Veirs Mill Road was burglarized on Tuesday 4/17 around 2:00 am. A side window was smashed to gain entry, but this time the newly installed alarm system went off, leaving the suspect time only to steal several bottles of liquor.
· An adult male was arrested for posing as a police officer in the 700 block of Twinbrook Parkway on Wednesday 4/18 around 7:40 pm. The defendant, who lives in the area, began asking another man in the lot about his car. He was also carrying a scanner and wearing an FBI cap.
Defendant: John Brosnan White Male and 49 years of age
· A juvenile was seen breaking a car window at Maryvale Elementary located at 1000 1st Street, on Wednesday 4/18 around 4:55 pm. The suspect was scared off and fled towards Taft Street, but not before stealing an Ipod.
Suspect: Black Male, 10-13 years, 5’5”, 120, white basketball jersey with #6 on it
· A rock was used to crack (but not shatter) the front door of the Cloud Nine business at 130 Gibbs Street sometime between Friday 4/20 at 6:00 pm and Saturday 4/21 at 9:00 am. No entry was made to the business, which is still under construction.
· Two unlocked vehicles in Bethayres Court were entered and searched between Thursday 4/19 and Friday 4/20. Loose change and a portable CD player were among the items stolen.
· An alleged carjacking took place in the area of the Hilton Hotel on Rockville Pike on Wednesday 4/18 between 6:30 pm and 11:15 pm. The adult male victim (a real estate agent) was carjacked by a female posing as a client.
Suspect: “Lisa Smith” Black Female, 30-40 years, 5’4” to 5’5”, 250-300, weapon implied but not seen
Stolen Vehicle: 1999 Toyota RAV4, black, MD/M889557
· No significant activity.
· Three males were seen inside the Heights School at 10400 Seven Locks Road, presumably by a worker or employee, on Saturday 4/21 around 8:45 pm. All were looking into lockers when the complainant scared them off. Numerous doors and windows were unsecured due to ongoing construction. Nothing was believed to have been stolen.
· A suspect was seen exiting the rear of Quince Orchard High on Thursday 4/19 around 11:00 pm. Units responding for the alarm at the school caught sight of the suspect and pursued, but he eluded capture. There was no forced entry found and nothing was stolen.
Suspect: Unknown Male, 17-18 years, 5’10”, 150-170, medium length dark hair, dark jacket, blue jeans
· On Thursday 4/19 around 12:15 pm, a male was seen stealing a leaf blower from one pick up truck and placing it in his own truck in front of 11901 Ledgerock Court.
Suspect: White Male, 5’7” to 6’0”, 170-180, long blonde hair
Suspect Vehicle: Red pick up truck with Virginia tags
The original report is attached below in .PDF format
Last edited by Howard Hartman; 04-27-2007 at 10:05 PM.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Section||Replies||Latest Article|
|Weekly Summary: 1st District, 04/10/07 to 04/18/07||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||04-20-2007 03:50 PM|
|Weekly Summary: 1st District, 04/03/07 to 04/11/07||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||04-17-2007 01:29 PM|
|Weekly Summary: 4th District, 03/13/07 to 03/21/07||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||03-23-2007 05:38 PM|
|Weekly Summary: 4th District, 03/06/07 to 03/14/07||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||03-16-2007 03:55 PM|
|Weekly Summary: 1st District, 03/06/07 to 03/14/07||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||03-16-2007 03:46 PM|