Rockville City Weekly Crime Summary August 26, 2012
Rockville City Police Department
Tips of the Week:
The Rockville City Police Department would like to provide residents and business owners a few Workplace Safety tips in the event of a Workplace Violence incident.
Police Crime Report
For the Week ending August 26, 2012
- Businesses should provide safety education for employees. The training should include what conduct is and is not acceptable from employees, what to do if the employee witnesses or is subjected to workplace violence and how to protect themselves.
- Have an emergency plan.
- Secure the workplace. Install video surveillance, extra lighting, alarm systems and minimize access by outsiders through ID badges, electronic keys and guards.
- Install drop safes to limit the amount of cash on hand. Keep a minimal amount of cash in registers during evening and late night hours.
- Field staff should be equipped with cell phones and hand-held alarms/noise devices. Field staff should also be required to prepare a daily work plan and keep in a contact person informed of their location throughout the day. Company vehicles should also be properly maintained.
- Employees should be instructed not to enter any location where they feel unsafe. Call local police if there is a potentially dangerous situation.
What to do during a workplace violence incident
- Learn how to recognize, avoid or diffuse a potentially violent situation by attending Personal Safety Training classes.
- Alert your supervisor to any concerns about safety or security and report all incidents immediately in writing.
- Avoid traveling alone into unfamiliar locations or situations whenever possible.
- Carry only minimal money and required identification into community settings.
What to do after the incident
- Stay calm.
- If possible go to secured location and call 9-1-1.
- Be prepared to answer questions that the Dispatcher may have for you, such as address of the incident, location inside the building of incident, description of perpetrator, if anyone is hurt and the number of injured, etc.
- Listen carefully to the Dispatcher and wait for Law Enforcement instructions.
- DO NOT TRY TO BE A HERO.
For more information, please go to the U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration at www.osha.gov.
- Encourage employees to report and log all incidents and threats of workplace violence.
- Provide prompt medical evaluation and treatment after the incident.
- Report violence incidents to the local police immediately.
- Discuss the circumstances of the incidents with staff members. Encourage employees to share information about ways to avoid similar situations in the future.
- Offer stress and post-traumatic counseling services to help workers recover from a violent incident.
Help us, by staying safe and not becoming a victim.
City Police Reported Incidents
A R R E S T S
- On 06/28/12, a female, age 19, and on 08/15/12, a female, age 18, were arrested for 1st degree burglary and theft for an earlier incident that occurred between 04/02/12-6:00 a.m. and 04/21/12-6:00 p.m. in the unit block of Chantilly Court.
- 200 block of Crabb Avenue, a male, age 37, was arrested for forgery and theft on 07/31/12 for an earlier incident that occurred in the 800 block of Rockville Pike on 07/30/12 between 3:56 p.m. and 4:03 p.m.
- 16000 block of Shady Grove Road, a female, age 42, was arrested for theft on 08/19/12 between 3:30 a.m. and 5:00 a.m.
- 300 block of Claggett Drive, a male, age 17, was arrested for theft and intent to commit theft and a male, age 19, was also arrested for theft, rogue and vagabond, and making a false statement, on 08/19/12 between 6:00 a.m. and 6:11 a.m.
- 300 block of Park Road, a male, age 28, was arrested for possession of CDS-marijuana and possession of CDS-paraphernalia on 08/21/12 at 12:50 p.m.
- 200 block of Park Road, a male, age 34, was arrested for obstructing and hindering a police investigation on 08/21/12 at 6:04 p.m.
- 1300 block of Rockville Pike, a male, age 29, was arrested for trespassing on 08/22/12 at 1:37 p.m.
- 14900 block of Shady Grove Road, a male, age 29, was arrested for theft on 08/22/12 at 4:08 p.m.
- 5900 block of Lemay Road, a male, age 38, was arrested for 2nd degree assault, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest on 08/23/12 between 9:35 p.m. and 9:37 p.m.
- 500 block of Hungerford Drive, a male, age 65, was arrested for violating a protection order on 08/24/12 between 11:34 a.m. and 11:45 a.m.
- Grandin Avenue and Broadwood Drive, a male, age 35, was arrested for possession of CDS-crack cocaine and possession of CDS paraphernalia on 08/24/12 at 5:20 p.m.
- 300 block of Howard Avenue, a male, age 29, was arrested for possession of CDS-marijuana and possession of CDS-paraphernalia on 08/25/12 at 8:30 p.m.
- On 08/12/12 at 8:50 p.m., a male, age 18, and on 08/21/12 at 2:30 p.m., a female, age 17, were arrested 3rd degree burglary and attempted theft for an incident that occurred in the 800 block of Crocus Drive 08/07/12 between 2:30 p.m. and 2:40 p.m.
I N C I D E N T S
As a reminder, citizens are encouraged to contact the Rockville City Police Department with any information on incidents listed above or to report a crime occurring within the City limits at 240-314-8900.
- 700 block of West Montgomery Avenue, an unknown subject gained access through an unsecured door at a residence between 08/02/12-11:30 p.m. and 08/05/12-11:00 p.m. Once inside the unknown subject removed U.S. currency.
- 1600 block of Rockville Pike, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed 4 bottles of shampoo from a retail store on 08/16/12 between 12:45 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. The subject was last seen getting into the below vehicle.
- Suspect is described as: W/F, 40 years old, 5’7”, 130-145 pounds, brown eyes, brown medium length hair – last seen wearing blue jeans, black t-shirt
- Suspect Vehicle is described as: silver sedan type vehicle w/ possible MD license plates BABYDUL
- 800 block of College Parkway, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed a lock from a storage locker at an apartment building and removed 2 antique pens, a watch, 2 pots and 2 moving containers on 08/18/12 between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- 700 block of Princeton Place, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed a delivery package containing nail polish remover and 4 DVDs from his front porch on 08/20/12 between 2:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- 100 block of Ridgemont Drive, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed a radio/CD/DVD player and 4 center wheel caps from a vehicle between 08/20/12-10:00 p.m. and 08/22/12-4:50 p.m.
- Unit block of Clemson Court, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed a deliver package containing kitchen utensils from his front porch between 08/21/12-8:00 p.m. and 08/23/12-9:00 a.m.
- 1100 block of Rockville Pike, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed U.S. currency from a purse that was left unattended in a showroom on 08/22/12 between 4:30 p.m. and 4:50 p.m.
- 2400 block of Research Boulevard, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed a laptop computer from a desk on 08/23/12 between 12:15 p.m. and 12:45 p.m.
- 600 block of Hungerford Drive, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed her wallet and keys while at a health center on 08/24/12 between 3:15 p.m. and 5:00 pm.
- 800 block of Hungerford Drive, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed an unattended backpack containing 2 hand held video game systems, a video game and clothing on 08/25/12 between 12:30 p.m. and 1:05 p.m.
- 1700 block of Farragut Avenue, an unknown subject gained access by unknown means into a residence on 08/25/12 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Once inside, the unknown subject removed a welder.
- 700 block of Rockville Pike, the complainant reported that an unknown subject entered the store and removed 41 bottles of cologne on 08/25/12 between 3:00 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Suspect is described as: B/M, 25-30 years old, 5’11”-6’01”, 170-180 pounds, bald/shaved head, dark skin tone, thin build – Last Seen Wearing: black cargo style pants, brown polo shirt, gray running shoes
- 200 block of Rockville Pike, the complainant reported that while riding the Metro, an unknown subject removed her phone on 08/26/12 between 2:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.