Rockville City Weekly Crime Summary July 23, 2012
Rockville City Police Department
Tips of the Week:
The Rockville City Police Department would like to remind residents that with the warmer temperatures there are dangers involving your children and pets being inside a hot vehicle. Remember a vehicle’s inside temperature can quickly rise to more than 120 degrees Fahrenheit, even on mild summer days. Below are some safety prevention tips:
Police Crime Report
For the Week ending July 23, 2012
- Never leave your child unattended in a vehicle, even with the windows down.
- Teach children not to play in, on, or around vehicles.
- Always lock car doors and trunks – even at home – and keep the keys out of your children’s reach.
- Always make sure all child passengers have left the car when you reach your destination. Don’t overlook sleeping infants.
- When securing your child in a safety restraint system in a car that has been parked in the heat, check to make sure the seating surfaces and equipment (child safety seat and safety buckles) aren’t too hot.
- Use a light covering to shade the seat of your parked car, Consider using shades on windows.
For more information on Child Safety in vehicles, please visit www.nhtsa.gov – in the search box type “traffic child safety”. For more information on Pet Safety in vehicles, please visit www.ASPCA.org.
Help us in the fight against crime by not becoming a victim.
- Never leave your pet unattended in a vehicle, even with the windows down.
- Carry plenty of fresh water for your pet. On long drives, when you stop for a break, make sure your pet has an adequate break as well.
- Do not allow your pet to ride with his head outside the window. This could subject him to inner ear damage and lung infections, and he could be injured by flying objects.
- Make sure your pet has plenty of air – ventilation – while riding your vehicle.
City Police Reported Incidents
A R R E S T S
- 700 block of East Gude Drive, a male, age 52, was arrested for driving on a revoked license, driving without a license, possession of CDS- marijuana and possession of CDS-paraphernalia; and a female, age 35, was also arrested for possession of CDS-paraphernalia on 07/13/12 at 10:14 p.m.
- 13000 block of Atlantic Avenue, a male, age 27, was arrested for malicious destruction of property, 2nd degree assault and reckless endangerment on 07/16/12 at 11:27 a.m.
- 700 block of Hungerford Drive, a male, age 50, was arrested for 1st and 2nd degree assault and breach of peace on 07/17/12 between 4:25 p.m. and 4:31 p.m.
- 2700 block of Keynes Lane, a male, age 28, was arrested for trespassing and disorderly conduct on 07/17/12 between 10:00 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- 100 block of Gibbs Street, a male, age 21, was arrested for disorderly conduct on 07/19/12 between 11:20 p.m. and 11:28 p.m.
- 600 block of Hungerford Drive, a female, age 16, was arrested for theft and 2nd degree assault on 07/21/12 between 6:20 p.m. and 6:27 p.m.
I N C I D E N T S
As a reminder, citizens are encouraged to contact the Rockville City Police Department with any information on incidents listed above or to report a crime occurring within the City limits at 240-314-8900.
- 100 block of Fallsgrove Boulevard, the complainant reported that an unknown subject entered her apartment and removed a cell phone and a laptop between 07/01/12-12:00 p.m. and 07/07/12-12:00 p.m.
- Unit block of Monroe Street, the complainant reported that while in the process of moving, an unknown subject removed a painting from her apartment between 07/13/12-3:00 p.m. and 07/18/12-10:00 a.m.
- 300 Cedar Lane, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed her purse containing a wallet, a cell phone charter, credit/debit cards, 2 checkbooks, and a driver’s license from an unlocked vehicle on 7/16/12 between 7:30 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.
- 2000 block of Veirs Mill Road, the complainant reported that as he was locking the door to his business to close for the night, an unknown subject approached him from the rear. The subject demanded money and threatened the complainant on 07/16/12 between 10:26 p.m. and 10:27 p.m. After not receiving any property from the complainant, the subject then fled the scene.
Suspect Description: W/M possibly of Hispanic origin, 25-30 years old, 5’6”-5’7”, 150-170 pounds, short black hair, medium build – Last Seen Wearing: red bandana (covering face), blue jeans, white T-shirt
- 700 block of Azalea Drive, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed a purse containing U.S. currency, a wallet, a driver’s license, and 3 bank/credit cards from a vehicle between 07/16/12-3:00 p.m. and 07/17/12-6:30 a.m.
- 800 block of Azalea Drive, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed 2 Ipods from an unlocked vehicle between 07/16/12-8:00 p.m. and 07/17/12-9:00 a.m.
- 800 block of Azalea Drive, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed a camera and a parking pass from an unlocked vehicle between 07/16/12-9:00 p.m. and 07/17/12-7:00 a.m.
- Unit block of Hawthorn Court, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed U.S. currency, a wallet, a driver’s license and 4 credit cards from an unlocked vehicle on 07/17/12 between 4:00 a.m. and 7:30 a.m.
- 900 block of Hungerford Drive, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed her wallet from her unattended purse in that was an office on 07/18/12 between 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- 100 block of Gibbs Street, the complainant reported that while he was making change, the subject reached into the cash register and removed U.S. currency on 07/19/12 at 9:15 p.m.
Suspect Description: B/M, 40-45 years old, 6’0”-6’3”, 180 pounds, very short black hair – Last Seen Wearing: glasses, a white button up shirt, and a brown beanie style hat
- 700 block of Twinbrook Parkway, the complainant reported that a subject removed a designer purse, U.S. currency, a cell phone with case, a pair of designer glasses and a GPS unit from an unlocked vehicle on 07/20/12 between 8:27 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- 300 block of Martins Lane, the complainants reported that they were approached by 2 subjects, one holding a pickax and the other holding a street sign pole on 07/20/12 at 9:04 p.m. The subjects demanded property, however none was obtained and the subjects fled the area.
- #1 – B/M, 18-22 years old, 5’7”, muscular build – Last Seen Wearing: white shoes, red shirt, gray sweatpants
- #2 – B/M, 18-22 years old, medium build – Last Seen Wearing: blue shirt, dark blue pants
- 600 block of Harrington Road, the complainant reported that he was walking on a path in the park when he was approached from behind by 4 subjects on bicycles on 07/21/12 between 9:30 p.m. and 9:35 p.m. The subjects demanded the complainant’s property, and once the property was obtained, the subjects fled the scene on bicycles.
Suspects Descriptions: 4 B/M, 17-20 years old, 5’8”-5’9” – Last Seen Wearing: black ski masks
- 15100 block of Frederick Road, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed 3 steel tables and 6 steel shelves from the rear of the business between 07/20/12-9:45 p.m. and 07/21/12-9:00 a.m.
- 13200 block of Atlantic Avenue, the complainant reported that he was walking from a store when he was approached by 3 subjects who he knows on 07/22/12 between 2:45 a.m. and 3:00 a.m. One of the subjects asked for a cigarette. When the complainant replied he did not have any, one of the subject’s pulled out a knife. At this point the other two subjects assaulted the complainant and went through his pockets, removing U.S. currency. Once obtaining the property, the subjects fled the area.
- #1 – W/H/M, 24-28 years old, 5’6”-5’8”, 140-150 pounds, short black hair, mustache, medium skin tone, thin build – Last Seen Wearing: blue jeans, white short sleeved shirt
- #2 – W/H/M, 24-28 years old, 5’6”-5’8”, 140-150 pounds, short black hair, medium skin tone, thin build – Last Seen Wearing: blue jeans, black short sleeved shirt
- #3 – W/H/M, 24-28 years old, 5’6”-5’8”, 140-150 pounds, short black hair – Last Seen Wearing: blue jeans, blue short sleeved shirt
- 300 block of Nimitz Avenue, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed miscellaneous clothing, a designer purse, U.S. currency, a wallet, a driver’s license and a set of keys from a vehicle on 07/22/12 between 3:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
Last edited by Howard Hartman; 07-31-2012 at 12:35 PM.