Rockville City Weekly Crime Summary July 16, 2012
Rockville City Police Department
Tips of the Week:
The Rockville City Police Department would like to remind residents that you can decrease your chances of becoming a victim of identity theft by practicing these simple tips:
Police Crime Report
For the Week ending July 16, 2012
Help us in the fight against crime, by not becoming a victim.
- Be extremely cautious when handling and disclosing the following information:
- Social Security Number
- Mother’s Maiden Name
- Date of Birth
- Current and Past Addresses
- Driver’s License Number
- Credit Card Account Number
- Personal Identification Number (PIN Codes)
- Never provide personal information over the phone, unless you have initiated the phone call.
- Never leave outgoing checks or paid bills in your residential mailbox. Use a blue postal mailbox or your local post office.
- Limit the amount of information you carry in your wallet or purse by taking out the extra credit cards and ID’s.
- Use a shredder prior to disposing of bank and credit card statements, cancelled checks, pre-approved credit card offers and any other financial or personal information.
- Cancel all unused credit cards and maintain a list of active cards and accounts.
- Open all bills promptly and check your accounts monthly.
- Be cautious of “shoulder surfers”. Always shield your card pin numbers when entering them during a transaction.
- NEVER LEAVE TRANSACTION RECEIPTS BEHIND!
- NEVER WRITE DOWN PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBERS (PINS) OR PASSWORDS. MEMORIZE THEM!!!
- Order a copy of your credit report at least once a year from each of the 3 major credit bureaus.
Equifax 1-800-685-1111 (www.equifax.com)
Experian 1-888-397-3742 (www.experian.com)
Transunion 1-877-322-8228 (www.transunion.com)
City Police Reported Incidents
A R R E S T S
- On 06/15/12 a male, age 18, and on 07/02/12 a male, age 15, were arrested for 1st degree burglary, 2nd degree burglary, 4th degree burglary, malicious destruction of property, and theft, following an earlier incident that occurred in 1000 block of Crawford Drive on 03/24/12 between 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- On 06/28/12 a male, age 29, was served an arrest warrant for aggravated assault for an earlier incident that occurred in the 400 block of Blandford Street on 02/23/12 at 1:33 a.m.
- On 06/29/12 a male, age 50, was arrested for theft following an earlier incident that occurred in the unit block of Maryland Avenue between 11/08/11-10:30 p.m. and 11/09/12-9:00 a.m.
- 700 block of Rockville Pike, a female, age 27, was arrested for possession of CDS-paraphernalia and a male, age 37, was also arrested for possession of CDS-paraphernalia on 07/09/12 at 11:11 a.m.
- 2700 block of Tower Oaks Boulevard, a male, age 32, was arrested for disorderly conduct and failing to obey a lawful order between 07/09/12-11:36 p.m. and 07/10/12-12:05 a.m.
- 1327 Rockville Pike, a male, age 28, was arrested for possession of CDS-fluorinated hydrocarbon inhalant and trespassing on 07/09/12 between 8:15 p.m. and 8:55 p.m.
- 200 block of Park Road, a male, age 48, was arrested for disorderly conduct on 07/10/12 between 11:40 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
- 1700 block of Chapman Avenue, a male, age 21, was arrested for theft on 07/12/12 at 6:10 p.m.
- 400 block of Lincoln Street, a male, age 21, was arrested for theft and 2nd degree assault on 07/13/12 at 6:45 p.m.
- 700 block of East Gude Drive, a male, age 52, was arrested for possession of CDS-marijuana and CDS-paraphernalia; a female, age 35, was also arrested for possession of CDS-paraphernalia on 07/13/12 at 10:14 p.m.
- 600 block of Hungerford Drive, a male, age 32, was arrested for theft, possession of CDS-marijuana and possession of CDS-paraphernalia on 07/15/12 at 6:35 p.m.
- 1000 block of Julian Place, a male, age 58, was arrested for 1st and 2nd degree assault on 07/15/12 at 10:31 p.m.
I N C I D E N T S
As a reminder, citizens are encouraged to contact the Rockville City Police Department with any information on incidents listed above or to report a crime occurring within the City limits at 240-314-8900.
- 100 block of Maryland Avenue, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed a GPS from a vehicle between 02/14/12-5:00 p.m. and 07/09/12-7:00 a.m.
- 100 block of Charles Street, the complainant reported that an unknown subject, removed jewelry from a residence between 07/05/12-12:01 a.m. and 07/10/12-11:00 p.m.
- 600 block of Twinbrook Parkway, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed U.S. currency from a lock box at a residence between 07/06/12-12:00 p.m. and 07/09/12-9:00 p.m.
- 7400 block of Westmore Road, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed 2 tires from a vehicle that was at an auto repair business between 07/06/12-7:00 p.m. and 07/10/12-10:30 a.m.
- Unit block of Choke Cherry Road, an unknown subject(s) gained access by prying open two entry doors that led into a storage room at a construction site on 07/08/12-8:45 p.m. and 07/09/12-7:39 a.m. Once inside the unknown subject(s) removed copper wiring, a hammer drill, a saw and Romex wiring.
- 13100 block Atlantic Avenue, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed his GPS from his vehicle on 07/10/12 between 12:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- 1700 block of Rockville Pike, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed U.S. currency from an unlocked safe in an office on 07/11/12-5:15 p.m. and 07/12/12-11:30 a.m.
- 900 block of King Farm Boulevard, the complainant reported that while in a meeting with two subjects on 07/11/12 at 5:20 p.m., she was assaulted and the subjects removed her laptop, 2 cell phones, and an Ipad. The subjects then fled the scene in an unknown direction.
- 700 block of Rockville Pike, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed 4 metal hydraulic fluid storage tanks from a construction site between 07/11/12-6:00 p.m. – 07/12/12-7:00 a.m.
- 5700 block of Crawford Drive, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed a GPS from a vehicle between 07/12/12-8:00 a.m. – 07/13/12-2:00 a.m.
- 9200 block of Darnestown Road, an unknown subject(s) gained access entering an unsecured building at a construction site and prying open a storage room between 07/12/12-2:30 p.m. and 07/13/12-6:00 a.m. Once inside the unknown subject(s) removed copper wiring.
- 300 block of Martins Lane, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed a set of headphones, a flash drive, an Ipod charger and U.S. currency from a backpack that had been placed in a locked shed on 07/13/12 between 12:15 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- 1600 block of Veirs Mill Road, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed a wallet containing U.S. currency, a driver’s license, insurance cards and a credit card from a vehicle.