Rockville City Weekly Crime Summary July 2, 2012
Rockville City Police Department
Tips of the Week:
The Rockville City Police Department would like to remind residents that if you are in a vehicle during a power outage, please take precaution and following these important safety tips:
Police Crime Report
For the Week ending July 2, 2012
Help us in the fight against crime by not becoming a victim.
- Intersections that have traffic signals out due to a power outage get treated as a 4-way stop intersection. Remember that the vehicle on your right has the right of way.
- Stop at all railroad crossings until you are sure the tracks are clear.
- Obey law enforcement officers directing traffic.
- Watch out for down power lines. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DRIVE OVER OR UNDER WIRES.
- Watch out for pedestrians along darkened roadways
- If you see any criminal activity call 911.
City Police Reported Incidents
A R R E S T S
- 600 block of Hungerford Drive, a male, age 49, was arrested for disorderly conduct on 06/27/12 between 8:34 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.
- Beall Avenue and North Van Buren Street, a male, age 24, was arrested for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle on 06/28/12 between 2:00 a.m. and 3:37 a.m.
I N C I D E N T S
As a reminder, citizens are encouraged to contact the Rockville City Police Department with any information on incidents listed above or to report a crime occurring within the City limits at 240-314-8900.
- 500 block of Rutgers Street, the complainant reported that while he was out of town, an unknown subject removed a couple of pieces of jewelry from his apartment between 06/04/12-12:00 p.m. and 06/21/12-12:00 p.m.
- 400 block of Grand Champion Drive, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed a weedeater, a hedge trimmer and a bicycle from a garage that was possibly left unsecured between 06/15/12-12:00 p.m. and 06/23/12-4:30 p.m.
- 1200 block of Brooke Drive, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed a laptop, and a briefcase from a vehicle that was possibly left unlocked between 06/24-10:00 p.m. and 06/25/12-9:25 a.m.
- 100 block of Monroe Street, the complainant reported that an unknown subject gained access by pulling a screen from an open window, reached inside the residence and removed a purse setting on a dresser on 06/26/12 between 5:00 a.m. and 8:15 a.m.
- 5800 block of Vandegrift Avenue, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed a bag containing clothing, a wallet, U.S. currency, and prescription medication that was in an unsecured vehicle on 06/26/12 between 9:40 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.
- 400 block of King Farm Boulevard, the complainant reported that an unknown subject had removed her walker, which she had inadvertently left unattended in a parking lot on 06/26/12 between 11:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
- 800 block of Reading Avenue, an unknown subject gained access through an unlocked side window at a residence on 06/28/12 between 12:44 p.m. and 1:35 p.m. Once inside the unknown suspect removed a desktop computer, 2 guitars and a laptop.
Suspect is described as: W/H/M, 57-58, medium length black hair, dark skin tone Last Seen Wearing: black pants, black t-shirt
Suspect vehicle is described as: Red/orange 2 door vehicle with lots of rust, louvers/slats on rear window
- 300 block of Grandin Avenue, an unknown subject(s) gained access through an unsecured garage on 06/28/12 between 3:20 p.m. and 3:21 p.m. Once inside the unknown subject removed a bicycle.
Suspects are described as: #1 - B/M, 10-12 years old, black hair, light skin tone, thin build Last Seen Wearing: white short sleeve shirt, light green knee length shorts; #2 W/M, 10-12 years old Last Seen Wearing: blue shorts, gray shirt
- Unit block of Maryland Avenue, the complainant reported that an unknown subject had been following him on 06/29/12 between 4:03 p.m. and 4:40 p.m. The subject then approached the complainant, took his cell phone, and then fled the area.
Suspect is described as: W/H/M, 15-16 years old, short hair, medium skin tone Last Seen wearing a white V-neck t-shirt, baggy dark green athletic shorts and gray New Balance sneakers
- 1300 block of Piccard Drive, the complainant reported that while he was away, an unknown subject entered his hotel room and removed his laptop on 07/01/12 between 11:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
- 1100 block of Rockville Pike, an unknown subject attempted to gain access by breaking a glass garage door bay window at a business on 07/02/12 at 1:15 a.m. Nothing reported taken.