Rockville City Weekly Crime Summary May 14, 2012
Rockville City Police Department
Tips of the Week:
The Rockville City Police Department would like to provide parents with a few tips to help prevent their children from becoming a victim of cyberbullying.
Police Crime Report
For the Week ending May 14, 2012
What your children need to know:
Since most cyberbullying takes place at home, parents can help protect their children from cyberbully by following these few simple tips:
- Never give out personal information online, whether it is in instant messaging, chat rooms, blogs or personal websites.
- Never tell anyone (but your parent) your password. (This includes not even telling friends.)
- If you receive a mean or threatening message, DO NOT RESPOND. Save it or print it out and show it to your parents.
- NEVER open e-mails from someone you don’t know or from someone you know is a bully.
- DO NOT PUT ANYTHING ONLINE THAT YOU WOULD NOT WANT YOUR CLASSMATES OR PARENTS TO SEE.
- Do not send messages when you are angry. Before clicking “send”, ask yourself how you would feel if you received the message.
Help us in the fight against crime, by not becoming a victim.
- Keep your home computer in a busy area of the house.
- Set up e-mail and chat accounts with your children. Make sure that you know their screen names and passwords and that they don’t include any personal information in their online profiles.
- Regularly go over their instant messenger “buddy list” with them. Ask who each person is and how your children know him or her.
- Print out a list of commonly used acronyms in instant messenger and chat rooms. This information can be obtained by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children’s website (www.missingkids.com). In the search field type “acronyms”.
- Discuss cyberbullying with your children and ask them if they have ever experienced it or know about it happening to someone.
City Police Reported Incidents
A R R E S T S
- 800 block of Rockville Pike, a male, age 26, was arrested for indecent exposure and disorderly conduct on 05/05/12 at 2:04 p.m.
- 700 block of Rockville Pike, a male, age 36, was arrested for trespassing on 05/07/12 between 6:50 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- 1000 block of Rockville Pike, a female, age 29, was arrested for disorderly conduct on 05/07/12 between 7:15 p.m. and 7:21 p.m.
- 700 block of Monroe Street, a male age 32, was arrested for trespassing on 05/08/12 between 3:55 p.m. and 4:10 p.m.
- 500 block of North Horners Lane, a female, age 50, was arrested for violating a protection order on 05/08/12 between 9:40 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.
- 200 block of Lincoln Avenue, a male, age 24, was arrested for 2nd degree assault on 05/09/12 at 6:40 a.m.
- 600 block of Hungerford Drive, a male, age 31, was arrested for theft on 05/09/12 at 7:14 a.m.
- 600 block of College Parkway, a male, age 21, was arrested for possession of a concealed weapon (knife), possession of CDS-marijuana, and possession of CDS-paraphernalia on 05/09/12 at 3:34 p.m.
- 200 block of Park Road, 2 males, both age 21, were arrested for possession of CDS-marijuana on 05/09/12 at 4:50 p.m.
- 14500 block of Avery Road, a male juvenile, age 14, was arrested for possession of CDS-marijuana and possession of CDS-paraphernalia on 05/10/12 between 8:40 a.m. and 8:50 a.m.
- 1300 block of Seven Locks Road, a male, age 19, was arrested for 1 count of assault on a police officer and 2 counts of assault on a Division of Corrections employee on 05/10/12 between 7:25 p.m. and 8:45 p.m.
- 1800 block of Baltimore Road, a male, age 29, was arrested for 2nd degree assault, disorderly intoxication and disorderly conduct on 05/12/12 between 9:10 p.m. and 9:15 p.m.
- 1000 block of Gaither Road, a male, age 35, was arrested for 4th degree burglary, disorderly conduct, and trespassing on 05/13/12 between 8:35 a.m. – 8:40 p.m.
I N C I D E N T S
- Unit block of Bouldercrest Court, an unknown subject(s) gained access by cutting a rear window screen and breaking a rear window at a residence on 05/10/12 between 1:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. Once inside the unknown suspect(s) removed a laptop, Taiwanese currency, 2 passports, and jewelry.
- #1: W/M, 19-25 years old, 5’9”-5’11”, 200 pounds, very short/crew cut style haircut, light skin tone, muscular build – Last seen wearing: green t-shirt, multicolored sneakers, blue jeans
- #2: A/M, 45-49 years old, 5’6”, 180 pounds, medium build
- Suspect Vehicle: large white van
As a reminder, citizens are encouraged to contact the Rockville City Police Department with any information on incidents listed above or to report a crime occurring within the City limits at 240-314-8900.
- 600 block of Blandford Street, the complainant reported that an unknown subject(s) removed an unsecured chainsaw, bush trimmer and 2 wheelbarrows from a rear yard on 05/10/12 between 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- 600 block of Edmonston Drive, the complainant reported that an unknown subject(s) removed a purse from an unlocked vehicle on 05/11/12 between 5:00 a.m. and 6:48 a.m.
Last edited by Howard Hartman; 05-14-2012 at 07:59 PM.