Montgomery County Police 4th District Weekly Crime Summary May 3, 2012
4th District Weekly Crime Summary
May 3, 2012
Reporting Period: April 16, 2012 to April 24, 2012
4th District Beat Map
Police Station Location Map
All Districts Beat Map
Robbery And Burglary Prevention Safety Tips for Home and Business
CrimeSolvers of Montgomery County
Montgomery County Police Twitter Feed
Additional incidents may have occurred and the reports have not yet been received. The charts in this summary are based on calls for service and may not be indicated via the incidents detailed in this report. Some of the reports may not have been available, or the victim and suspect were known to each other; therefore the case closed. Notable arrests for crime trends are provided via press releases.
• A residential burglary occurred in the 1000 block of Good Hope Drive, Silver Spring on Wednesday, 4/18 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Forced entry; cash taken.
• No significant activity to report.
• An armed robbery occurred in the 3500 block of May Street, Silver Spring on Friday, 4/20 at 11:25 p.m. The victim was on a northbound metro bus. The suspect was on the same bus and exited at the same stop at northbound Georgia and Rippling Brook Drive. The suspect ran ahead of the victim, then came out of hiding from behind a vehicle. The victim heard what sounded like a gun racking and observed the suspect holding a gun to her head. The suspect stated, “Give me what’s in your hand.” Then he grabbed her cell phone and ran in the direction of May Street and Napier.
Suspect: Hispanic male, 19-22, 5’3” – 5’7”, thin build, short hair, light complexion, wearing a gray baseball cap, gray shirt, gray pants, and carrying a black backpack.
• A strong-arm robbery/purse snatch occurred in front of the K-Mart, 14000 Connecticut Avenue, Aspen Hill on Monday, 4/23 at 12:08 p.m. The victim is 81 years old. As the victim entered her car in the parking lot, the suspect reached over her and grabbed her purse. A struggle ensued, but the suspect was able to wrestle the purse away from the victim. The victim was transported to the hospital for heart problems resulting from the robbery. The suspect ran down Grand Pre Road, where the purse was “recovered” by a person matching the description of the suspect. Cash taken.
Suspect: black male 20, 6’, 160 lbs., short cropped hair, wearing a blue jacket.
• A home invasion robbery/aggravated assault occurred in the 3800 block of Gawayne Terrace, Silver Spring on Sunday, 4/22 at 1:00 a.m. The suspects entered the house by unknown means. The victim (male, 54 years old) was sleeping when the suspects forced their way through his locked bedroom door. The suspects beat the victim and pointed guns at him and asked where the cash was. The suspects ordered the victim into the bathroom and he complied. After 30 minutes the victim exited the bathroom to find drawers throughout the room rifled, but nothing apparently missing.
Suspects: two black males, both 25-30, both 6’, medium build and wearing all black.
• An aggravated assault occurred in the 14300 block of Bel Pre Drive, Aspen Hill on Saturday, 4/21 at 3:30 a.m. The incident was domestic in nature; an argument was over the defendant’s drug use.
Arrested: male, 53, from Aspen Hill.
• A commercial burglary occurred at BAE Systems, Research Boulevard, Rockville between Tuesday, 4/17 at midnight and Wednesday, 4/18 at 9:22 p.m. The suspects used a car jack to pry up the rear garage door. Taken: copper wire, copper pipe, tools.
Arrested: male, 28, from Brookeville; male, 29, from Frederick.
• A residential burglary occurred in the 11400 block of Lund Place, Kensington in the two weeks before Tuesday, 4/17 at 7:44 p.m. Forced entry; residence vandalized; nothing taken.
• A residential burglary occurred in the 2300 block of Glenmont Circle, Wheaton on Sunday, 4/13 between 12:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. The suspect(s) entered via unknown means. Property taken.
• An armed robbery occurred at Kensington Boulevard and Fenimore Road, Wheaton on Wednesday, 4/25 at 1:45 a.m. The victim was on foot and had been drinking. The suspects approached and one placed a pocket knife to the victim’s neck. One suspect demanded the victim’s wallet and cell phone. The victim turned over his property. The suspects ran north on Fenimore. Taken: wallet, cash, cell phone.
Suspects: two Hispanic males, 20-25.
• Three related commercial burglaries at Silver Spring salons were reported on the same night, Tuesday 4/17 between 12:00 a.m. and 2:30 a.m.:
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Section||Replies||Latest Article|
|Montgomery County Police 5th District Weekly Crime Summary May 3, 2012||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||05-03-2012 11:54 AM|
|Montgomery County Police 6th District Weekly Crime Summary May 3, 2012||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||05-03-2012 11:46 AM|
|Montgomery County Police 1st District Weekly Crime Summary - March 29, 2012||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||03-29-2012 10:25 AM|
|Montgomery County Police 2nd District Weekly Crime Summary - March 29, 2012||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||03-29-2012 10:19 AM|
|Montgomery County Police 6th District Weekly Crime Summary - January 5, 2012||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||01-05-2012 01:16 PM|