Rockville City Weekly Crime Summary April 23, 2012
Rockville City Police Department
Tips of the Week:
The Rockville City Police Department would like to provide parents with a few tips in teaching their children the proper way to use 9-1-1 to report emergencies:
Police Crime Report
For the Week ending April 23, 2012
Help us in the fight against crime, by not becoming a victim.
- Never say “nine eleven”. Since there is no eleven on the keypad or dial, always say “nine-one-one.
- Post your address near the phone. Teach your child to memorize your address and phone number. (In case your child needs to leave the house to make the call from a neighbor’s home.)
- Teach your child to always call from a safe place. If there is a fire in the house, teach them to get out first and then call.
- Teach your child never to call 9-1-1 as a prank or joke. Explain to your child that they can get into trouble and keep someone who really needs help from getting it on time.
- Explain to your child that 9-1-1 is not for animal emergencies.
- Teach your child that when calling 9-1-1 for an emergency, how to explain the situation to the dispatcher. Tell your child that they should remain calm and to give their name and address to the dispatcher and to explain why they are calling. Teach your child to listen carefully to the dispatcher, as he or she may give them important information that can possibly help during the emergency.
- Teach your child that if they call 9-1-1 by mistake, not to hang up. They should explain their mistake to the dispatcher and say there is not an emergency.
City Police Reported Incidents
A R R E S T S
- 400 block of South Horners Lane, a male juvenile, age 15, was arrested for possession of CDS-marijuana on 04/16/12 at 9:00 p.m.
- Park Road and North Stonestreet Avenue, a male, age 27, was arrested for possession of CDS-paraphernalia on 04/19/12 at 6:11 p.m.
- 100 block of Gibbs Street, a male, age 30, was arrested for violating a peace order on 04/19/12 between 10:10 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- 400 block of Hungerford Drive, a male, age 32, was arrested for disorderly conduct on 04/20/12 between 12:27 a.m. and 12:50 a.m.
- 800 block of Rockville Pike, a male, 26, was arrested for possession of CDS-paraphernalia on 04/20/12 between 1:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- 1700 block of Farragut Avenue, a female, age 65, and a male, age 61, were arrested for assault on 04/21/12 between 3:42 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Montrose Road and Tildenwood Drive, two males, ages 22, were arrested for possession of CDS-marijuana and possession of CDS-paraphernalia on 04/21/12 at 9:45 p.m.
- 300 block of Crabb Avenue, a male, age 27, was arrested for CDS-paraphernalia on 04/22/12 between 3:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- 2200 block of Veirs Mill Road, 2 males, ages 50 and 59, were arrested for theft on 04/22/12 between 7:05 p.m. and 7:40 p.m.
I N C I D E N T S
As a reminder, citizens are encouraged to contact the Rockville City Police Department with any information on incidents listed above or to report a crime occurring within the City limits at 240-314-8900.
- 1700 block of Research Boulevard, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed a laptop from a secured room in an office suite between 04/12/12 – 10:57 a.m. and 04/19/12 – 11:07 a.m.
- Unit block of West Montgomery Avenue, unknown subject(s) gained access by unknown means into an office suite between 04/13/12 – 2:00 p.m. and 04/16/12 – 8:50 a.m. Once inside the unknown subject(s) removed 2 laptops, a printer, a wireless adapter, and a pair of scissors.
- 800 block of Elmcroft Boulevard, the complainant reported that a group of juvenile subjects entered the pool area on 04/16/12 at 4:34 p.m. Because of their age and that they were not accompanied by an adult, the juveniles were not allowed to go swimming. One of the juveniles became angry and threatened bodily harm against the complainant and pulled out a sword that was encased in a sheath. Another employee intervened and the subject fled the area.
- 200 block of Reading Avenue, the complainant reported that while making a food delivery, she was approached by one of three subjects who asked for change for a change on 04/16/12 between 8:40 p.m. and 8:45 p.m. When the complainant went to her vehicle to check, the suspect grabbed the food and fled from the residence.
Subjects are described as:
- Subject #1 – B/M 18-20 years old – last seen wearing: gray baggy pants, black shirt, wearing glasses
- Subject #2 – B/M 18-20 years old, skinny build – last seen wearing: black button down shirt
- Subject #3 – B/M 18-20 years old, heavy build – last seen wearing: a white t-shirt
- 1500 block of Rockville Pike, the complainant reported that an unknown subject had removed her wallet that had been left unattended on a counter at a store on 04/17/12 between 1:50 p.m. and 1:55 p.m.
- 600 block of Elmcroft Boulevard, an unknown subject(s) gained access through an open garage door between 04/17/12 – 4:00 p.m. and 04/18/12 – 6:30 a.m. Once inside the unknown subject(s) removed a golf club.
- 400 block of Watkins Pond Boulevard, the complainant reported that an unknown subject had removed a cell phone from a stroller that was left unattended at a park on 04/17/12 between 6:15 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- 300 block of Watkins Pond Boulevard, an unknown subject(s) gained access into an open garage on 04/17/12 between 8:35 p.m. – 8:52 p.m. Once inside, the unknown subject(s) removed 2 bicycles.
Subjects are described as:
- Subject #1: B/M, thin build – last seen wearing: black pants, black shirt
- Subject #2: B/M, thin build – last seen wearing: black shirt, black pants
- 900 block of Veirs Mill Road, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed his lawnmower from the back yard on 04/18/12 between 12:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m.
Subject is described as: B/M 15-17 years old 5’8”-5’11”, bald/shaved head, thin build – last seen wearing: a yellow/gray t-shirt, carrying a black backpack
- 900 block of Grandin Avenue, an unknown subject(s) gained access by unknown means into a residence on 04/18/12 between 4:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. Once inside the unknown suspect(s) removed a computer.
- 12300 block of Twinbrook Parkway, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed two bicycle wheels from his secured bicycle on 04/19/12 between 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- 200 block of Rockville Pike, the complainant reported that a wallet containing U.S. currency, credit cards, and ID cards were stolen from a bag he inadvertently left behind on a bus on 04/19/12 at 5:00 p.m.
- Unit block of Preserve Parkway, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed a CD/radio player from a vehicle on 04/19/12 between 5:00 p.m. and 11:45 p.m.
- 700 block of Hungerford Drive, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed 8 bundles of pressed recyclable cardboard boxes on 04/20/12 between 4:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m.
- Unit block of Preserve Parkway, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed a car stereo system from a vehicle on 04/21/12 between 3:55 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.