Rockville City Weekly Crime Summary April 2, 2012
Rockville City Police Department
Tips of the Week:
The Rockville City Police Department would like to remind residents that with warmer weather upon us, we need to be aware and vigilant to an increase in pedestrian traffic.
Police Crime Report
For the Week ending April 2, 2012
Safety Tips for Pedestrians:
Safety Tips for Drivers:
- DO NOT JAYWALK. Always cross the street at marked crosswalks or signaled intersections
- STOP AT THE CURB BEFORE CROSSING AND LOOK BEFORE CROSSING: Look left, right and then left again.
- Watch for vehicles pulling out of parking spaces.
- Use the pedestrian pushbuttons.
- Begin crossing the street on the walk signal. DO NOT START CROSSING IF THE DO NOT WALK SIGNAL HAS STARTED TO FLASH.
- Stay visible after dark and in bad weather. Wear light colored clothing, or clothing with reflective tape, and carry a flashlight.
- Always walk on the sidewalk. If there is no sidewalk and you have to walk in the road, always walk facing traffic, so you can see what is approaching you.
- Treat parking lots as you would a road – be aware and constantly look for moving vehicles.
- DO NOT WALK BEHIND A VEHICLE THAT IS BACKING UP.
- DO NOT ASSUME DRIVERS SEE YOU.
Help us in the fight against crime by not becoming a victim.
- Always stay alert for pedestrians, especially in school zones, and in public transportation areas (bus depots, train stations, etc.)
- Don’t assume pedestrians see you.
- BE ESPECIALLY CAUTIOUS BACKING OUT OF A SPACE – especially when you are parked next to a taller vehicle that obstructs your view.
- SLOW DOWN IN PARKING LOTS – they are not speedways
- Treat Parking lots as you would a road.
- STOP FOR ALL PEDESTRIANS IN THE CROSSWALK.
City Police Reported Incidents
A R R E S T S
- A male, age 16, was arrested on 03/31/12 for a theft that had occurred on 03/22/12 between 8:30 p.m. and 9:56 p.m. in the 14900 block of Shady Grove Road.
- 200 block of East Middle Lane, a male, age 39, was arrested for violating a trespassing order on 03/24/12 at 9:35 p.m.
- 16000 block of Shady Grove Road, a male, age 22, was arrested for 1st degree assault, 2nd degree assault, and destruction of property on 03/25/12 at 9:50 a.m.
- 1500 block of Rockville Pike, a male, age 18, was arrested for disorderly conduct and 2 counts of indecent exposure on 03/25/12 at 12:52 p.m.
- 2200 block of Veirs Mill Road, a female, age 39, was arrested for theft from a retail store on 03/27/12 at 9:07 p.m.
- 800 block of Carter Road, a male, age 24, was arrested for 2nd degree assault on 03/27/12 at 9:55 p.m.
- 400 block of College Parkway, a male, age 14, was arrested for possession of CDS-marijuana on 03/28/12 at 7:44 a.m.
- 14500 block of Avery Road, a male, age 15, was arrested for possession of CDS-marijuana on 03/28/12 between 8:00 a.m. and 8:05 a.m.
- 13200 block of Atlantic Avenue, a male, age 49, was arrested for possession of CDS-crack cocaine and 2 counts of possession of CDS-paraphernalia on 03/28/12 at 5:35 p.m.
- Norbeck Road and East Gude Drive, a male, age 24, was arrested for possession of CDS-marijuana, possession of CDS-Vyvanse, and possession of CDS-paraphernalia on 03/28/12 at 6:46 p.m.
- 100 block of Gibbs Street, a male, age 21, was arrested for possession of CDS-paraphernalia, trespassing, and disorderly impeding on 03/31/12 between 1:40 p.m. and 1:55 p.m.
- 600 block of Hungerford Drive, a male, age 44, was arrested for theft on 03/31/12 at 6:13 p.m.
- Rothgeb Drive and East Gude Drive, a female, age 27 and a male, age 26, were arrested for possession of CDS-marijuana and CDS-paraphernalia on 04/01/12 at 4:32 p.m.
I N C I D E N T S
As a reminder, citizens are encouraged to contact the Rockville City Police Department with any information on incidents listed above or to report a crime occurring within the City limits at 240-314-8900.
- 200 block of Congressional Lane, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed 4 separate packages that were delivered to her apartment between 02/17/12 – 12:00 p.m. and 02/24/12 – 12:00 p.m.
- 500 block of College Parkway, the complainant reported that an unknown subject gained access by unknown means through a front door of an apartment between 03/19/12 – 12:00 p.m. and 03/28/12 – 12:23 hours. Nothing was taken.
- 1000 block of Crawford Drive, the complainant reported that an unknown subject(s) gained access by unknown means into a residence between 03/24/12 – 3:00 p.m. and 03/25/12 – 6:00 p.m. Once inside the, the unknown subject removed U.S. currency and a watch.
- 300 block of Hungerford Drive, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed several items from the store on 03/26/12 at 2:09 p.m.
Suspect is described as: B/F, 40-50 years old, 175-200 pounds, medium length black hair, heavy build
- Unit block of Maryland Avenue, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed a cell phone from her stroller while she was at a library on 03/27/12 between 3:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- 1600 block of Congressional Lane, the complainant reported that an unknown subject entered a business and removed several pairs of jeans on 03/27/12 between 8:40 p.m. and 8:43 p.m.
Suspect is described as: B/M, 30-40 years old, 6’0”, 200-220 pounds, very short hair, beard, muscular build – last seen wearing: black polo shirt, blue jeans
- 1600 block of Research Boulevard, an unknown subject entered a couple of office suites and removed a cell phone and 3 wallets on 03/27/12 at 1:30 p.m.
Possible suspect description: W/M, 30-35 years old, with brown curly shoulder length hair, dark mustache – last seen wearing: tan vest w/ fake sheep’s fur and a blue plaid shirt
- 800 block of Woodley Drive, the complainant reported that an unknown subject gained access by a rear door lock at a residence on 03/28/12 between 8:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. Once inside the unknown suspect removed a television.
- 700 block of Rockville Pike, an unknown subject, entered a store and removed several cosmetic items on 03/28/12 between 12:19 p.m. and 12:46 p.m. The suspect was last seen getting into an awaiting vehicle, which fled the scene.
Suspects are described as:
- #1: B/M, 5’8”, small build – last seen wearing: a dark hoodie with an emblem, jeans, and dark shoes, carrying a black backpack
- #2 (Vehicle Driver): B/F, 55 years old, gray t-shirt
- Vehicle: blue Chevy Impala with DC tags
- 600 block of North Horners Lane, the complainant reported that an unknown subject(s) removed a musical instrument from a church on 03/29/12 between 7:00 a.m. and 7:30 a.m.
- 800 block of Hungerford Drive, the complainant reported that an unknown subject(s) gained access by prying open a side door to a business between 03/29/12-8:00 p.m. and 03/30/12-8:10 a.m. Once inside the unknown subject(s) removed U.S. currency and 2 checks.
- 100 block of First Street, the complainant reported that an unknown subject(s) removed an Ipod, a radio, and a satellite radio antenna from a vehicle between 03/29/12-11:00 p.m. and 03/30/12-8:30 a.m.
- 700 block of Fallsgrove Drive, the complainant reported that an unknown subject(s) removed a jacket, a vehicle key and an ID card that had been left on an unsecured shelf in a workout room at a recreation center on 03/31/12 between 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
- 15100 block of Frederick Road, the complainant reported that an unknown subject(s) removed her ring that she had inadvertently left behind in a restroom at a store on 04/01/12 between 5:45 p.m. and 5:55 p.m.
Last edited by Howard Hartman; 04-03-2012 at 11:55 AM.