H E A D L I N E S

Transportation Newswire Read the Transportation Newswire by LISTSERV or RSS
State Highway Administration Twitter Feed
Metro Twitter Feed

Old 10-24-2011, 05:20 PM
Automated News Hunter

Default Watkins Mill Road Extension from Frederick Road/MD355 to I-270 opens

Watkins Mill Road Extension from Frederick Road/MD355 to I-270 opens

County Executive Leggett, local officials, and community members cut ribbon opening Watkins Mill Extended

County Executive Ike Leggett recently celebrated the completion of a 1500 foot extension of Watkins Mill Road from Frederick Road/MD355 to I-270. In the future, the State will construct an interchange onto I-270, with Watkins Mill bridging over 270 and becoming a vital east-west transportation link, as designated in the Gaithersburg Vicinity Master Plan. The road will also provide a future link to the Corridor Cities Transitway.

For now, this segment will allow development of the Monument Office Park. The $7.7 million project was built as a partnership between MCDOT, BP Realty Investments, and the Cit ...more