10-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Join Date: Oct 2006
Takoma Park Weekly Crime Summary October 6, 2011
Takoma Park Weekly Crime Summary
| Takoma Park Police Department|
October 6, 2011
Reporting Period: September 30, 2011 to October 6, 2011
Note that additional incidents may have occurred and the reports not yet received.
- 6500 blk. of New Hampshire Ave., on Thursday, October 6 at 1:10 a.m., officers responded to a burglary in progress. Unknown suspect(s) broke a business storefront window to gain entry and removed property.
- 7400 blk. of Piney Branch Rd., on Tuesday, October 4 at 8:18 a.m., officers responded to a theft that occurred overnight. Unknown suspect(s) entered through an unlocked car door and stole a wallet.
- 7000 blk. of Carroll Ave., on Sunday, October 2 at 12:05 p.m., officers responded to a theft that just occurred. A female suspect asked to view jewelry and while the employee of the business was distracted, took the jewelry without paying and fled the scene.
- 8200 blk. of Roanoke Ave., on Thursday, October 6 at 1:22 a.m., officers responded to a burglary in progress. The male victim arrived home to find two male suspects in his bedroom. One suspect fled out of the bedroom while the other suspect fled out of the front door after a short altercation with the victim resulting in a minor injury Property was stolen.
- 8200 blk. of Houston Ct., on Saturday, October 1 at 4:43 a.m., officers responded to an assault in progress. A known male suspect assaulted a female victim during an argument. The victim sustained minor injuries.
- 7600 blk. of New Hampshire Ave., on Wednesday, October 5 at 2:01 p.m., a male 42 was arrested for drinking an alcoholic beverage in public.
- Intersection of Grant Ave. and Maple Ave., on Tuesday, October 4 at 11:15 a.m., a male 17 was arrested for vandalism and released to a guardian.
- Intersection of Philadelphia Ave. and Park Ave., on Monday, October 3 at 11:46 p.m., a male 22 was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia.
- 900 blk. of University Blvd., on Saturday, October 1 at 12:02 a.m., a male 33 was arrested for disorderly conduct.
- 7400 blk. of Carroll Ave., on Friday, September 30 at 12:39 a.m., a male 54 was arrested for having an open warrant on failure to appear in court.
- 900 blk. of University Blvd., on Sunday, September 2 at 1:26 a.m., a male 25 was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol.
- 900 blk. of University Blvd., on Saturday, September 1 at 12:02 a.m., a male 54 was arrested for disorderly conduct.