Montgomery County Police 6th District Weekly Crime Summary - July 7, 2011
6th District Weekly Crime Summary - July 7, 2011
Reporting Period: June 20, 2011 to June 28, 2011
6th District Beat Map
Police Station Location Map
All Districts Beat Map
Robbery And Burglary Prevention Safety Tips for Home and Business
CrimeSolvers of Montgomery County
Montgomery County Police Twitter Feed
Additional incidents may have occurred and the reports have not yet been received. The charts in this summary are based on calls for service and may not be indicated via the incidents detailed in this report. Some of the reports may not have been available, or the victim and suspect were known to each other; therefore the case closed. Notable arrests for crime trends are provided via press releases.
• A residential burglary occurred in the 200 block of Argosy Drive in Gaithersburg on Friday, 6/24 between 6:30 - 10:30 pm. Suspects forced entry into the residence and removed property.
• A residential burglary that occurred in the 900 block of Pointer Ridge Drive in Gaithersburg between Friday, 6/17 and Friday, 6/24. Suspects entered the residence and removed property.
• An armed robbery occurred in the 500 block of North Frederick Avenue in Gaithersburg on Monday, 6/27 at 2:00 pm. The adult male victim was approached by 2 suspects who said they had a winning lottery ticket and needed assistance in getting it cashed. The victim was required to withdraw a substantial amount of money as a “show of good faith”. The victim was relieved of that money by one of the suspects holding a “square shaped gun” when he returned.
Suspect: H/M 40-45 years, 5’7”, 160-175, salt & pepper hair
Suspect: H/M 30-35 years, 5’9”, 170, short hair
Suspect Vehicle: Blue Ford SUV with NY tags
• A strong arm robbery occurred in the 18600 block of Lost Knife Circle in Montgomery Village on Thursday, 6/23 around 10:30 pm. The victim stated she was approached by a group of five females and two males and an argument quickly ensued. The suspect punched the victim in the face and during the fracas, another suspect stole her cell phone.
Suspect: B/F 18-20 years
Suspect: B/F 18020 years, 5’3” to 5’6”
No further on any other suspects
• An attempted burglary occurred in the 18500 block of Office Park Drive in Montgomery Village between Monday, 6/20 and Tuesday, 6/21. The suspect(s) attempted to pry open the front door without success.
• An attempted strong arm robbery occurred near 18900 Montgomery Village Avenue in Montgomery Village on Tuesday, 6/21 around 8:00 pm. The adult male victim was on his bicycle when he rode past the group of subjects. As he did, one suspect grabbed his shirt causing him to stop. The suspect said he wanted the bike, but a female in the group intervened and the victim rode to safety.
Suspect: B/M 18-20 years
Suspect: B/M 18-20 years, 5’9”, teardrop tattoo near his eye
• An attempted residential burglary occurred in the 19500 block of Burlingame Way in Montgomery Village on Monday, 6/20 between 2:30 - 8:30 am. A metal grate covering a basement window was removed but no entry was made.
• An attempted rape occurred in the 19550 block of Montgomery Village Avenue in Montgomery Village The on Tuesday 6/28. A victim exited a bus and was walking along the sidewalk when the suspect grabbed her and began dragging her to the wood line of the golf course. A passing bicyclist scared off the suspect who then fled on foot.
Suspect: H/M 30-36 years, 5’6’ to 5’8”, 200-225, short black hair, light colored ball cap, white tee shirt
• An aggravated assault occurred at Girard Street and North Summit Avenue in Gaithersburg on Sunday, 6/26. Suspect was threatening victim with a baseball bat. No further information is available.
• A vehicle-related theft/assault occurred in the 7500 block of Rickenbacker Drive in Gaithersburg on Thursday, 6/23. The adult male victim was walking to his car when he saw the suspect walking away carrying the victim’s cell phone, GPS unit, and iPod. When confronted, the suspect punched the victim in the nose and fled.
Suspect: B/M 40-45 years, 6’3”, 240, beige tee shirt, camouflage pants
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Section||Replies||Latest Article|
|Montgomery County Police 4th District Weekly Crime Summary - July 30, 2009||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||07-30-2009 08:13 PM|
|Montgomery County Police 4th District Weekly Crime Summary - July 22, 2009||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||07-22-2009 09:01 PM|
|Montgomery County Police 5th District Weekly Crime Summary - July 22, 2009||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||07-22-2009 08:50 PM|
|Montgomery County Police 6th District Weekly Crime Summary - July 22, 2009||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||07-22-2009 08:41 PM|
|Montgomery County Police 1st District Weekly Crime Summary - July 30, 2008||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||07-30-2008 08:36 PM|