Rockville City Weekly Crime Summary - July 5, 2010
Rockville City Police Department Police Crime Report
For the Week ending July 5, 2010
Tips of the Week:
During the summer, residents may attend public events, such as festivals and concerts, and public facilities, such as parks. The Rockville City Police Department would like to remind residents:
Help us in the fight against crime, by not becoming a victim.
- To never leave valuables unattended, including car keys hidden in your car. Many offenders may watch the movements of people at public events to choose their targets. Be obvious that you are alert and not alone.
- If with a group, stay with them and watch out for one another, especially if you are out with small children.
- Do not take a lot of personal belongings and bags. If you do bring items with you, keep them with you at all times or in the middle of your group.
- Drink plenty of water, and give yourself enough time to get in and out of where you want to be.
- At festivals where alcohol is being served, keep an eye on each other’s drinks. Tasting other people’s drinks makes it hard to count how much alcohol you have consumed.
City Police Reported Incidents
A R R E S T S
- 06/29/10-(1:35 p.m. – 2:50 p.m.) Russell Daniel Pierce, M, age 50, of Rockville, was arrested for shoplifting following a complaint in the unit block of Maryland Avenue. Mr. Pierce was transported to the Central Processing Unit for processing.
- 06/30/10-(6:00 p.m.) Vanderbilt Nolton, M, age 43, of Silver Spring, was arrested for trespassing following a complaint in the 1700 block of Rockville Pike. During the investigation it was learned that Mr. Nolton had an open warrant from Prince George’s County Police Department. Mr. Nolton was transported to the Central Processing Unit for processing.
I N C I D E N T S
- 06/27/10-06/28/10-(6:00 p.m. – 8:30 a.m.) 800 block of Duke Street, unknown suspect(s) removed U.S. currency, a GPS and two bags from an unlocked vehicle.
- 06/27/10-06/28/10-(9:00 p.m. – 7:45 a.m.) 1600 block of Marshall Avenue, unknown suspect(s) removed a pouch, a wallet, U.S. currency, and a key from an unlocked vehicle.
- 06/27/10-06/28/10-(10:00 p.m. – 9:00 a.m.) 200 block of Cedar Lane, unknown suspect(s) removed a GPS and U.S. currency from an unlocked vehicle.
- 06/28/10-06/29/10-(6:00 p.m. – 10:30 a.m.) 200 block of Bradley Avenue, unknown suspect(s) removed a water bottle, purse containing a driver’s license, U.S. currency and 2 credit cards from a vehicle.
- 06/28/10-06/29/10-(6:00 p.m. – 11:30 a.m.) 2000 block of Gainsboro Road, unknown suspect(s) removed a GPS and U.S. currency from a vehicle.
- 06/29/10-(10:00 a.m. – 11:10 a.m.) 1100 block of Regal Oak Drive, unknown suspect(s) removed a set of golf clubs, golf bag, golf gloves, golf balls, and a windbreaker that was left unattended outside a residence.
- 06/29/10-(8:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.) 12900 block of Twinbrook Parkway, unknown suspect(s) removed a cell phone that was left unattended at a playground.
- 06/29/10-06/30/10-(10:30 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.) Unit block of Vashi Lane, unknown suspect(s) removed an Ipod and U.S. currency from an unlocked vehicle.
- 06/30/10-(11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.) 600 block of Burgundy Drive, unknown suspect(s) removed a television, a nail gun, a video game console, jewelry, and a laptop from a front yard of a residence while the residents were in the process of moving.
- 06/30/10-(2:00 p.m. – 2:10 p.m.) 200 block of Meadow Hall Drive, unknown suspect(s) removed a cell phone from an unattended desk at a library.
As a reminder, citizens are encouraged to contact the Rockville City Police Department with any information on incidents listed above or to report a crime occurring within the City limits at 240-314-8900.
- 06/25/10-(7:00 p.m. –10:00 p.m.) 800 block of Reading Avenue, Residential, unknown suspect(s) gained access through an unlocked rear door of a residence. Once inside the unknown suspect(s) removed a video game console, a laptop, 3 video game controllers and 19 video games.