Montgomery County Police 5th District Weekly Crime Summary - July 8, 2009
5th District Weekly Crime Summary - July 8, 2009
Reporting Period: June 22, 2009 to June 30, 2009
*excludes stolen tags
• A strong-arm robbery occurred at Germantown Road and Frederick Road in Germantown on Saturday, 6/27 at 1:18 a.m. The adult male victim noticed the suspects get on the Ride On Bus at Christopher Avenue in Gaithersburg. The victim and suspects exited the Ride On Bus at Germantown Road; shortly after, the suspects approached from behind and knocked the victim to the ground. The suspects began to search the victim and removed his property. Suspects fled on foot.
Suspects: Four B/M, teenagers (NFD)
• A residential burglary occurred in the 11600 block of Seneca Forest Circle in Germantown on Sunday, 6/28 between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. There were no signs of force; however property was reported missing.
• A residential burglary occurred in the 11400 block of Scenery Place in Germantown on Friday, 6/26 between 4:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Suspects entered the residence and removed property.
• A theft of a vehicle occurred in the 20000 block of Dunstable Circle in Germantown overnight between Wednesday, 6/24 and Thursday, 6/25. A 2000 Honda was stolen.
• A theft of a vehicle occurred in the 11600 block of Tall Pines Drive in Germantown overnight between Thursday, 6/25 and Friday, 6/26. A 2000 Honda Accord was taken.
• A theft of a vehicle occurred in the 23000 block of Timber Creek Lane in Germantown overnight between Thursday, 6/25 and Friday, 6/26. Suspects removed a dirt bike.
• A theft of a vehicle occurred in the 11300 block of Stevenson Drive in Germantown on Saturday, 6/27. A 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix was taken.
• A theft of a vehicle occurred in the 20300 block of Greenriver Terrace
in Germantown on Sunday, 6/28. Suspects removed a Yamaha minibike.
• A commercial burglary occurred at Damascus High School, 25921 Ridge Road, on Friday, 6/26 at 10:55 p.m. The suspects gained entry into an unlocked shed and stole spray paint. The suspects then used the spray paint to write various sayings and drawings on the school’s exterior wall. Investigation revealed two juveniles were involved and they were arrested.
• A rape occurred at an abandoned house located near Wisteria Drive and Great Seneca Highway in Germantown on Friday, 6/26. The female victim accompanied two males known to her to the house. There she was sexually assaulted by the males.
• An attempted robbery occurred at Crystal Rock Drive and Locbury Circle in Germantown on Wednesday, 6/24 at 11:05 p.m. The victim was walking near a park when ten B/M’s approached. The suspects demanded the victim’s property, when he did not comply the suspects chased him. The victim ran into the police station and the suspects fled. No property taken.
• A commercial burglary occurred at an unknown time at Lake Seneca Elementary School, 13600 Wanegarden Drive in Germantown between Sunday, 6/28 and Monday, 6/29. No forced entry, property taken.
• An attempted residential burglary occurred in the 19900 block of Sweetgum Circle in Germantown on Tuesday, 6/30 at 3:13 a.m. The victim awoke to banging on her window and contacted MCP. Officers arrived and located the suspect, who matched the description provided by the victim. Attempted forced entry, no property taken. The suspect was arrested at the scene.
• A theft from vehicle occurred at Alpine Drive and Rosebay Drive in Germantown on Monday, 6/22 at 3:56 a.m. Suspects broke the window and removed a GPS unit, flashlight and satellite radio.
• A robbery occurred at Barleycorn Way and Creamery Hill Drive in Germantown on Wednesday, 6/24 at 6:35 p.m. The victim, an adult male, was walking with an acquaintance when the victim started to count the money in his wallet. The suspect then grabbed the victim’s money and fled
towards Glory Days Restaurant.
Suspect: W/M, 20-23 years old, 5’8”- 5’10”, 150-160lbs.
• A residential garage burglary occurred at 17837 Fairlady Way in Germantown overnight between Friday, 6/26 and Saturday, 6/27. Suspects entered an open garage and removed property.
• A residential burglary occurred at 19100 block of Highstream Drive in Germantown on Monday, 6/29 between 8:30 a.m. and 6:15 p.m. Suspects forced entry and removed property.
• No significant events.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Section||Replies||Latest Article|
|Montgomery County Police 6th District Weekly Crime Summary - July 8, 2009||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||07-08-2009 09:29 PM|
|Montgomery County Police 1st District Weekly Crime Summary - July 1, 2009||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||07-01-2009 11:25 PM|
|Montgomery County Police 2nd District Weekly Crime Summary - July 1, 2009||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||07-01-2009 11:13 PM|
|Montgomery County Police 4th District Weekly Crime Summary - July 1, 2009||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||07-01-2009 10:53 PM|
|Montgomery County Police 5th District Weekly Crime Summary - July 1, 2009||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||07-01-2009 10:44 PM|