Montgomery County Police 2nd District Weekly Crime Summary - July 1, 2009
2nd District Weekly Crime Summary - July 1, 2009
Reporting Period: June 15, 2009 to June 23, 2009
*excludes stolen tags
• An aggravated assault occurred in the area of East West Highway & Grubb Road in Silver Spring on Saturday, 6/20 at 7:15 p.m. Police responded to a call for a suspect brandishing a knife and threatening a group of victims waiting at the bus stop. The male suspect was located and arrested.
• A commercial burglary occurred at Indique Heights, 2 Wisconsin Circle in Chevy Chase on Friday, 6/19 at approximately 10:15 a.m. Suspects entered an unlocked area and removed property.
• A residential burglary occurred in the 8200 block of Larry Place in Bethesda on Wednesday, 6/17 at 11:47 p.m. Police responded to a call that the suspect was trying to break into a residence and arrested the suspect on the scene.
• An attempted commercial burglary occurred at the Radio Shack, 8125 Wisconsin Avenue in Bethesda on Sunday, 6/21 at 2:30 a.m. Police responded as the burglary was in progress, no entry was gained, nothing taken.
• A residential garage burglary occurred in the 4900 Montgomery Lane, Bethesda on Monday, 6/15 at 11:00 p.m. A bicycle had been taken from an unsecured residential garage.
• A theft from a vehicle occurred in the 4800 block of Wellington Road in Bethesda from Monday, 6/15 at 12:00 a.m. to Tuesday, 6/16 at 7:00 a.m. Suspects entered an unlocked vehicle and removed coins.
• A commercial burglary occurred at Johnson’s Florist & Garden Center, 10313 Kensington Parkway in Kensington on Tuesday, 6/23 at approximately 1:00 a.m. An alert officer made a traffic stop and discovered property inside the vehicle from the garden center. Suspect arrested.
• A bank robbery occurred at M & T Bank, 5416 Wisconsin Avenue in Chevy Chase on Saturday,6/20 at approximately 10:00 a.m. A suspect entered the bank, approached a teller, and demanded cash. The suspect displayed a handgun and after receiving the money fled the bank and headed south on Wisconsin Avenue.
Suspect: B/M, 30-40, 5’7”-5’9”/140-160 lbs., beard; armed with gun
• A commercial burglary occurred at College House at Fourth Presbyterian Church, 6005 Springfield Drive in Bethesda between Thursday, 6/18 at 11:00 p.m. and Friday, 6/19 at 9:00 a.m. No sign of forced entry but property was reported missing.
• A residential burglary occurred on Greentree Court in Bethesda on Sunday, 6/21 at 2:30 a.m. Forced entry, unknown if anything was taken.
• An aggravated assault occurred in the 7100 block of Democracy Boulevard in Bethesda on Monday, 6/22 at 4:40 p.m. The victim was in the public bathroom when the suspect struck him in the face. The victim and the suspect had been involved in a dispute earlier in the day.
• A residential burglary occurred in the 5400 block of Tuckerman Lane in Rockville on Monday, 6/15 between 8:50 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. Suspects forced entry and removed property.
• An indecent exposure occurred in the 10600 block of Kenilworth Avenue in North Bethesda on Friday, 6/19 at 1:45 a.m. The victim observed a male exposing himself outside her window. The victim screamed and the suspect fled.
Suspect: W/M, 35-40, 5’10”-6’/180-200 lbs.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Section||Replies||Latest Article|
|Montgomery County Police 3rd District Weekly Crime Summary - July 1, 2009||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||07-01-2009 11:05 PM|
|Montgomery County Police 4th District Weekly Crime Summary - July 1, 2009||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||07-01-2009 10:53 PM|
|Montgomery County Police 5th District Weekly Crime Summary - July 1, 2009||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||07-01-2009 10:44 PM|
|Montgomery County Police 6th District Weekly Crime Summary - July 1, 2009||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||07-01-2009 10:28 PM|
|Montgomery County Police 6th District Weekly Crime Summary - July 2, 2008||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||07-02-2008 08:39 PM|