3rd District Weekly Crime Summary - June 10, 2009
|Montgomery County Department of Police |
Reporting Period: May 25, 2009 to June 2, 2009
|REPORT CLASSIFICATION || G1 || G2 || H1 || H2 || I1 || I2 |
|Rape || - || - || - || - || - || - |
|Robbery || 2 || 1 || - || 1 || - || - |
|Aggravated Assault || 1 || - || - || 1 || 1 || - |
|Burglary-Commercial/School || - || - || - || 3 || - || - |
|Burglary-Residential || 2 || 3 || 1 || 1 || - || 3 |
|Larceny-Fr Veh/Veh Part* || 2 || 4 || 4 || 5 || - || 3 |
|Stolen Vehicle || - || - || - || 2 || 3 || - |
|2947-Recovered Vehicle || - || - || - || - || 1 || - |
|Sex Offense || 1 || 1 || - || - || - || - |
*excludes stolen tags
• Two strong-arm robberies occurred in this Silver Spring beat with similar suspect descriptions; unknown if they are related.
- An adult male was the victim of a strong-arm robbery/assault on Tuesday, 5/26 at 12:08 a.m. in the area of the 900 block of Thayer Avenue. After approaching the victim, the first suspect asked for the time while the second suspect punched the victim and removed his wallet and cell phone. The suspects fled on foot.
Suspects: (2) B/Ms
- An adult female was the victim of a strong-arm robbery on Thursday, 5/28 at 7:50 p.m. in the area of Georgia Avenue and Sligo Avenue. The victim was approached by two suspects, one who attempted to steal her purse. The victim was able to hold on to her purse, but her cell phone was snatched. The suspects fled on foot.
Suspects: (2) B/Ms, 15-20 years
• An aggravated assault occurred in the area of Colesville Road and Georgia Avenue in Silver Spring between Saturday, 5/30 at 11:00 p.m. and Sunday, 5/31 at 12:47 a.m. A teenage male exchanged words with a suspect, after which the suspect cut the victim on the arm and fled on foot. The incident is believed to be gang-related.
H/M, blue bandana on head, white t-shirt, blue jeans, armed with a knife
• There were two residential burglaries in this Silver Spring beat that do not appear to be related.
- A residence in the 8000 block of 13th Street was burglarized on Friday, 5/29 between 5:45 a.m. and 10:10 p.m. Entry made through unlocked door, no property taken.
- An attached storage area in the 700 block of Gist Avenue was burglarized between Tuesday, 5/26 at 9:00 p.m. and Wednesday, 5/27 at 6:00 a.m. Entry made through unlocked door, property taken.
• A sexual assault occurred in the area Colesville Road and Wayne Avenue in Silver Spring on Thursday, 5/28 at 9:45 a.m. An adult female was walking when she was approached and fondled by a suspect, who fled when the victim said she was calling police.
B/M, 5’7”, 150-170lbs., blue/green flannel shirt, blue jeans
• Two residential burglaries and one attempted residential burglary occurred in this Silver Spring beat. In the latter case, the occupant saw the suspect.
- The attempted burglary occurred in the 2200 block of Coleridge Drive on Monday, 5/25 at 9:15 p.m. The suspect knocked on the front door and when no one answered he went to the rear and cut an outer screen from a window. No entry gained.
Suspect: B/M, 5’11”-6”, blue shirt, tan shorts
- A bicycle was taken from an open garage in the 9100 block of Wire Avenue between Wednesday, 5/27 at 7:00 p.m. and Saturday, 5/30 at 8:00 a.m.
- A residence in the 1600 block of Cedar View Court was burglarized between Wednesday, 5/27 at 8:30 a.m. and Monday, 6/1 at 2:30 p.m. Entry gained, no property taken.
• An indecent exposure occurred in the 1100 block of Spring Street in Silver Spring on Wednesday, 5/27 at 3:20 p.m. Patrol responded to a report of a naked person dancing in the roadway. The adult male suspect was arrested without incident.
• Two robberies occurred in this Silver Spring beat. An adult and a juvenile, both males, were robbed in related incidents on Wednesday, 5/27 between 5:47 p.m. and 6:45 p.m.
- In the 900 block of Heron Drive, four suspects followed the juvenile victim and stole property. The suspects fled on foot.
- At University Boulevard and Buckingham Drive, an adult male victim was approached by the same four suspects from the robbery on Heron Drive. They assaulted him, searched his pockets and fled on foot; they were stopped and arrested by officers in the area.
• A residential burglary occurred in the 1000 block of Quebec Terrace in Silver Spring on Thursday, 5/28 at 11:32 a.m. The victim arrived home and found the suspect standing in her kitchen. The suspect fled through a kitchen window which appeared to be the location of entry. Nothing was taken.
H/M, blue t-shirt
• A strong-arm robbery occurred at a bus stop in the 9200 block of New Hampshire Avenue in Silver Spring on Monday, 6/1 at 12:20 a.m. A male sitting at a bus stop was approached by four suspects who knocked him to the ground and punched him as one of them held him down.
(4) B/Ms, 18-19 years
• A residential burglary occurred in the 300 block of Ladson Road in Silver Spring on Wednesday, 5/27 between 3:00 p.m. and 6:15 p.m. Forced entry, property taken.
• Three attempted commercial burglaries occurred between Friday, 5/29 at 6:30 p.m. and Saturday, 5/30 at 2:00 p.m. Three office suites were targeted at 1734 Elton Road in Silver Spring. In all incidents, the suspect(s) attempted to pry the office door. There was no entry.
• No significant incidents occurred.
• There were three burglaries in this Burtonsville beat, which included two apartment burglaries on Blackburn Lane.
- Wednesday, 5/27 between 11:30 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. in the 3900 block of Blackburn Lane. Forced entry, property taken.
- Friday, 5/29 between 11:00 a.m. and 12:41 p.m. in the 3900 block of Blackburn Lane. Forced entry, property taken.
- Monday, 6/1 at 6:28 p.m. in the 15100 block of Athey Road. Entry gained through an unlocked garage, property taken.
Suspect: B/M, 12-16 years, black t-shirt, tan shorts, blue and yellow back pack