Montgomery County Police 1st District Weekly Crime Summary - February 4, 2009
1st District Weekly Crime Summary - February 4, 2009
Reporting Period: January 19, 2009 to January 28, 2009
• A residential burglary occurred in the 12000 block of Rocking Horse Road on Friday, 1/23 between 11:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Forced entry, property taken.
• A theft from a vehicle occurred in the 4300 block of Ferrara Drive between 9:30 p.m. Friday, 1/23 and 7:30 a.m. on Saturday, 1/24. The vehicle had been unlocked and the victim’s wallet and tools were taken.
• An indecent exposure occurred at Loehmann’s, 5230 Randolph Road on Thursday, 1/22 at 10:14 a.m. A security officer saw the suspect exposing himself, and asked him to leave.
Suspect: W/M, 26-32 yrs. old, grey knit hat, blue jacket, blue jeans, white sneakers
• An armed robbery occurred in the 13200 block of Aleutian Avenue on Wednesday, 1/21 at 10:10 p.m. The teenaged male victim went to a friend’s residence and the suspect was already there. The suspect asked him if he was there to buy CDS and when the victim said no, the suspect displayed a knife and demanded money or drugs. He threatened to shoot the victim (no gun seen) and physically struck the victim. The 34-year-old male suspect was arrested at the scene.
• An armed robbery occurred in the 1000 block of 1st Street on Saturday, 1/24 at 11:58 p.m. The adult male victim is a delivery person for Kenny’s Subs. The victim got out of the vehicle and the suspects came from a vacant lot nearby. The first suspect displayed a gun and obtained cash and
Suspect: W/M, 17-18 yrs. old, 5’6”-5’7”, unknown type mask, black knit hat, black jacket, black jeans
Suspects: two B/M’s, both 17-18 yrs. old, 5’6”-5’7”, unknown type mask, black knit hat, black jacket, black jeans
• An armed robbery occurred at Veirs Mill Road and Twinbrook Parkway on Monday, 1/26 between 10:15 a.m. and 10:44 a.m. The adult male victim was in a vehicle with the two suspects, when the first suspect demanded money, and implied he had a gun (none seen). The suspect took cash from the victim. The suspects dropped the victim off at the above location and drove off.
Suspect: H/M, 28 yrs. old, 5’2”-5’5”, possibly from D.C.
Suspect: W/M, 24-25 yrs. old, 5’2”-5’5”
Vehicle: black ’96 Ford Explorer
• An attempted residential burglary occurred in the 800 block of Burdette Road on Thursday, 1/22 between 3:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Attempted forced entry, no entry gained, nothing taken.
• An incident of graffiti vandalism occurred at an unknown time between Thursday, 1/22 and Friday, 1/23 in the 300 block of Edmonston Drive. Black paint was used to draw multiple lines on a vehicle and the words were written in yellow paint.
• Numerous incidents of graffiti vandalism occurred at an unknown time on Friday, 1/23 in the area of Twinbrook Parkway and Marshall Avenue. Words were found on mailboxes and buildings. An 18-yeaer-old male suspect from Olney was arrested.
• An incident of graffiti vandalism occurred between Sunday, 1/25 at 8:00 p.m. and Monday, 1/26 at 8:00 a.m. in the 1100 block of Agnew Drive. White spray paint was used to write “LPC” on vehicle windows.
• An indecent exposure occurred at the Twinbrook Library, 202 Meadow Hall Drive on Wednesday, 1/21 at 5:50 p.m. An adult female was in the children’s section with her young children and saw the suspect exposing himself. A 53-year-old man from Kensington was arrested.
A commercial burglary occurred at JBG Companies, 414 Hungerford Drive, between 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, 1/20 and 5:35 a.m. Wednesday, 1/21. Forced entry, nothing was taken.
• Four vehicles were stolen from Darcars at 15901 Indianola Drive between Tuesday, 1/20 and Monday, 1/26. The first two were Nissan Muranos and the last two vehicles were Toyota Camrys. Keys were missing for one Toyota.
• A suspicious person was reported in the 17400 block of Beauvoir Boulevard on Saturday, 1/24 at 2:45 a.m. The man rang the elderly female victim’s door bell and looked in through the window. The man told the victim through the door that he had no where to go. The victim started to call the police and the man fled to the street. A smaller, new vehicle (NFD) drove up and the subject got into the rear seat and they drove off.
Suspect: B/M, 20’s, black hat, black mask over the lower part of his face, all in black
• A possible attempted robbery occurred in the parking lot of the Twinbrook Metro 1700 Chapman Avenue on Monday 1/26 at 10:30 p.m. As the female victim exited the Metro the suspect came from behind and grabbed her arms. She screamed and fell down. The suspect fled on foot without saying anything.
Suspect: B/M, 5’4”-5’5”, very short hair, black puffy jacket
• An attempted theft (pick-pocketing) occurred at the Giant Food, 12051 Rockville Pike, on Thursday 1/22 at 5:59 p.m. The adult female victim was exiting the store when the two suspects stopped in the doorway in front of her. She asked them to move but they ignored her. One suspect attempted to reach in her purse and take her wallet but she confronted him. The suspects fled on foot.
Suspect: B/M, 40-50 yrs. old, 5’9”-5’10”/150-170 lbs., blue hat, long black jacket
Suspect: B/M, 40-50 yrs. old, 5’9”-5’10”/150-170 lbs., light complexion, long black jacket
Suspect: B/M, 35-40 yrs. old, brown jacket, black & white shoes
• A commercial burglary occurred at The Popeyes, 7747 Tuckerman Lane, between 11:20 p.m. on Saturday, 1/24 and 9:30 a.m. on Sunday 1/25. Unknown type of entry, cash taken.
Suspect: B/M, 30-40 yrs. old, black hat, long black coat, white dress shirt, black tie, black dress pants, black gloves.
• A theft from vehicle occurred on Thursday,1/22 at 8:30 p.m. in the 8300 block of Still Spring Street. A suspect was seen inside the victim’s vehicle. The suspects fled. The vehicle was unlocked, a GPS and a Nintendo DS system was taken.
Suspect: W/M, 23 yrs. old, 5’8”, 175 lbs., dirty blonde hair in a buzz cut, black coat, white pants
Suspect: B/M, 5’8”, 175 lbs., black hoodie, dark coat and pants
• A theft from vehicle occurred in the 9700 block of Clydesdale Street between 10:00 p.m. on Thursday, 1/22 and Friday, 1/23 at 6:50 a.m. The vehicle window was broken and the victim’s wallet and GPS were taken.
• An armed robbery of a Regency cab driver occurred in the 13200 block of Valley Oak Circle on Sunday, 1/25 at 1:00 a.m. The male victim picked up the male suspects at the Shady Grove Metro to go to the Travilah Shopping Center in Rockville. A knife was displayed and cash and property demanded. The 25-year-old male and 26-year-old male suspects were arrested.
• There were five thefts from vehicles in North Potomac the night of Thursday, 1/22 into Friday, 1/23. In each incident a window was broken and four of the victims had GPS units taken and in one incident tools and a stereo were taken. The locations included the 11200 block of Spice Oak Terrace, the 11600 block of Pleasant Meadow Drive, the 14900 block of Dufief Drive, and two in the 13900 block of Grey Colt Drive.
• A vehicle was stolen from the 14400 block of Stonebridge View Drive overnight between Sunday, 1/25 and Tuesday, 1/27. It was a silver 1997 Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Section||Replies||Latest Article|
|Montgomery County Police 2nd District Weekly Crime Summary - February 4, 2009||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||02-04-2009 01:30 PM|
|Montgomery County Police 3rd District Weekly Crime Summary - February 4, 2009||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||02-04-2009 01:03 PM|
|Montgomery County Police 4th District Weekly Crime Summary - February 4, 2009||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||02-04-2009 12:53 PM|
|Montgomery County Police 5th District Weekly Crime Summary - February 4, 2009||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||02-04-2009 12:32 PM|
|Montgomery County Police 6th District Weekly Crime Summary - February 4, 2009||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||02-04-2009 12:25 PM|