Rockville City Weekly Crime Summary July 30, 2012
Rockville City Police Department
Tips of the Week:
The Rockville City Police Department would like to provide residents with a few tips on preventing theft of personal portable electronics:
Police Crime Report
For the Week ending July 30, 2012
It is important to remember that everyone can play a role in preventing thefts of personnel electronic devices by making sure that personal property is carefully watched or secured at all times.
- Don’t show off your property. Keep your electronic devices hidden from view when not in use.
- Don’t make yourself a target. When using cell phones or music devices (Ipods, MP3 players), stay alert to what else is going on.
- Leave valuables at home. If you don’t absolutely need one of your portable electronics during the day, you should leave them at home.
- Never leave valuables unattended. Most items are stolen because they are left unattended. Place items in a locked and secured location such as a desk, or locker.
- Protect valuables that are in your vehicle. If you drive to work or school, never leave valuables in plain view, even when locked. Valuables should be placed in the trunk, or at least out of site.
- When at home, remember to remove all valuables from your vehicle and take them inside. Don’t forget to lock and set your vehicle’s alarm.
- Report thefts immediately. If at work or school report the theft to security, if no one is available, then contact the police. If your vehicle has been broken into, DO NOT TOUCH THE VEHICLE, CALL THE POLICE IMMEDIATELY. Touching the vehicle before police arrive can contaminate possible evidence for the police to obtain.
For more information, please visit the National Crime Prevention Council’s website at www.ncpc.org.
Help us in the fight against crime by not becoming a victim.
City Police Reported Incidents
A R R E S T S
- A male, age 14, was arrested on 07/18/12 for 2nd degree burglary, conspiracy to commit 2nd degree burglary, theft, and conspiracy to commit theft following an earlier incident that occurred on 06/28/12 in the 300 block of Grandin Avenue.
- 200 block of Marsh Hollow Place, a male, age 28, was arrested for fourth degree burglary and malicious destruction of property on 07/22/12 at 12:30 p.m.
- 1200 block of Rockville Pike, a male, age 48, was arrested for theft on 07/24/12 at 12:03 p.m.
- Blandford Street and Mt. Vernon Place, a male, age 13, was arrested for 2nd degree assault on a police officer on 07/24/12 at 8:00 p.m.
- 300 block of Hungerford Drive, a female, age 34, was arrested for theft on 07/26/12 between 9:38 a.m. and 9:41 a.m.
- 200 block of Meadow Hall Drive, a male, age 25, was arrested for disorderly conduct and trespassing on 07/29/12 between 3:56 a.m. and 3:58 a.m.
I N C I D E N T S
As a reminder, citizens are encouraged to contact the Rockville City Police Department with any information on incidents listed above or to report a crime occurring within the City limits at 240-314-8900.
- 600 block of Lofstrand Lane, the complainant reported that an unknown subject had removed various copper, metals, and tools from the business between 05/23/12-9:00 a.m. and 07/24/12-4:09 p.m.
- 1500 block of Rockwood Drive, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed her GPS from her vehicle between 07/20/12-8:30 p.m. and 07/21/12-9:00 a.m.
- 1100 block Higgins Place, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed a GPS and an Ipod from an unlocked vehicle between 07/23/12-1:30 p.m. and 07/25/12-8:15 a.m.
- 300 block of Hungerford Drive, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed several cosmetic items from the business on 07/23/12 between 2:56 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Suspect Description: B/M, 40-45 years old, 6’0”-6’1”, 180-190 pounds, brown eyes – Last Seen Wearing: black dress pants, dark blue dress shirt, carrying a black backpack
- 14900 block of Shady Grove Road, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed an unattended cell phone from a desk at a store on 07/24/12 between 2:19 p.m. and 2:20 p.m.
Suspect Description: B/M, 18-20 years old, 5’11”-6’0”, 140-160 pounds, brown eyes, bald, light skin tone, thin build – Last Seen Wearing: black tight pants, white shoes with on the black front, white baseball hat with a dark rim, white hooded sweatshirt w/ the word “Rebel” and a bulldog figure on it.
- 900 block of Hungerford Drive, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed 2 Ipads from an office suite between 07/24/12-5:00 p.m. and 07/25/12-12:00 p.m.
- 1300 block of Crawford Drive, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed a GPS, and an Ipod from an unlocked vehicle between 07/24/12-6:00 p.m. and 07/25/12-12:00 p.m.
- Chapman Avenue and Halpine Road, an unknown subject(s) gained access through an opening in a security fence at a construction site on 07/24/12-11:30 p.m. and 07/25/12-12:05 a.m. Once inside, the unknown subject(s) removed copper wiring and fiber optic cables.
- 5700 block of Fishers Lane, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed U.S. currency from a purse that was unsecured in an employees’ area of a restaurant on 07/25/12 between 7:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- 14900 block of Shady Grove Road, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed U.S. currency from a purse that was left unattended in an employee break room at a doctor’s office on 07/26/12 between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- 5700 block of Vandegrift Avenue, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed a wallet, 2 bank cards and an Ipod from a vehicle on 07/26/12 between 3:00 a.m. and 4:15 a.m.
- 100 block Long Trail Terrace, an unknown subject(s) gained access by breaking the front door glass window panel at a residence on 07/26/12 between 9:30 p.m. and 9:35 p.m. Nothing was taken.
Suspect Description: B/M, 30-40 years old, 6’0” – 6’2”, 200-240 pounds – Last Seen Wearing: black uniform style shirt with short sleeves and black uniform style pants
- 1700 block of Grandin Avenue, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed a cell phone and a cell phone case from an unlocked vehicle on 07/27/12 between 1:00 p.m. and 1:10 p.m.
- 1100 block of Rockville Pike, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed a laptop and a laptop case from a business between 07/27/12-9:00 p.m. and 07/28/12-8:00 a.m.
- 7300 block of Westmore Drive, the complainant reported that unknown subjects removed numerous scrap metal items from a business on 07/28/12 between 12:00 p.m. and 12:15 p.m.
- #1 - B/M, 40-50 years old, 6’0”-6’2”, 200 pounds, short hair, muscular build
- #2 – Unknown Male