Champions for Children Honoring
|For Immediate Release||April 23, 2012|
Outstanding Contributions to Education
The Montgomery County Business Roundtable for Education (MCBRE) has announced the winners of eight awards that will be presented at its 10th annual Champions for Children Awards Celebration.
The event is scheduled for Wednesday, April 25, at MedImmune’s headquarters in Gaithersburg, Md. At the end of the ceremony, the Montgomery County Public Schools 2012-2013 Teacher of the Year will be revealed from among three finalists listed below.
The honorees are:
- Marian Greenblatt Fund Winner/MCPS Teacher of the Year Finalist: Heydi Dupre, Spanish teacher, John T. Baker Middle School
- Marian Greenblatt Fund Winner/MCPS Teacher of the Year Finalist: Christine Ground, English teacher, Northwest High School
- Marian Greenblatt Fund Winner/MCPS Teacher of the Year Finalist: Judith Chinn, AP environmental science teacher, Clarksburg High School
- Rising Star Teacher of the Year: Eupil Muhn, Engligh teacher, A. Mario Loiederman Middle School
- Dr. Edward Shirley Award for Excellence in Education Administration and Supervision: Robert Domergue, principal, Damascus High School
- Supporting Services Employee of the Year: Ann Tredway, media assistant, Rolling Terrace Elementary School
- Business Champion for Children: Washington Talent Agency
- Volunteer Champion for Children: Tawnya McKee, Washington Grove Elementary School
In addition to the awards listed above, The Washington Post Distinguished Educational Leadership Award and Agnes Meyer Outstanding Teacher Award will also be honored at the April 25 celebration. This year, the Distinguished Educational Leadership Award goes to Jeanette Dixon, principal at Paint Branch High School. The Agnes Meyer winner is Carrie Vieira, English and theater teacher at Rockville High School.