Connected Communities Newswire  

Go Back   Connected Communities Newswire > Newswires > County Government Newswire

H E A D L I N E S

County Government Newswire Read the County Government Newswire by LISTSERV or RSS
Bethesda Regional Services Center Twitter Feed

Old 04-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Automated News Hunter

Default Leggett, Public Safety and Elected Officials, Family Members of Fallen Officers Dedi

Montgomery County Executive Isiah Leggett will be joined by Maryland Congressman Chris Van Hollen and County Council President Roger Berliner at an outdoor ceremony dedicating the County’s new Public Safety Memorial in Gaithersburg.

Other participants will include: Fire Chief Richard Bowers, Police Chief J. Thomas Manger, Maryland-National Capital Park Police, Montgomery County Division Chief Darien Manley, Sheriff Darren Popkin, Department of Correction & Rehabilitation Director Arthur Wallenstein and family, friends and supporters of fallen public safety personnel.

The granite memorial is engraved with the names of the 30 public safety personnel who made the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty. It was built through a public-private partnership, and was erected on the grounds of the new Public Safety Headquarters.

Directions and Parking: Take I-270 to Exit 6B, Route 28 west (W. Montgomery Ave. becomes Darnestown Rd.) Follow R-28 west ...more