Connected Communities Newswire  

Go Back   Connected Communities Newswire > Newswires > Police Newswire > Maryland State Police

H E A D L I N E S

Maryland State Police Read Maryland State Police by LISTSERV or RSS

Old 03-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Editor

Default Early Tuesday Morning Funeral Procession to Affect Morning Rush

NEWS RELEASE
DEPARTMENT OF MARYLAND STATE POLICE
HEADQUARTERS: PIKESVILLE, MD 21208
(410)486-3101 TTY For Hearing Impaired (410)486-0677
Toll Free: 1-800-525-5555
 March 19, 2012

Early Tuesday Morning
Funeral Procession to Affect Morning Rush

Procession from Baltimore County to Arlington National Cemetery

(PIKESVILLE, MD) – Maryland State Police are issuing a traffic advisory for early tomorrow as they work with State Highway Administration personnel and allied law enforcement officers to accommodate the funeral procession of a Maryland military officer who gave his life in service to our country.

On Tuesday, March 20, 2012, beginning at 5:00 a.m., the Maryland State Police, the Maryland Transportation Authority Police, the Baltimore County Police, and the Maryland State Highway Administration will assist with the funeral procession of Major Robert J. Marchanti. Major Marchanti, 48, of Baltimore, died February 25, 2012, in Kabul Afghanistan, of wounds received during an attack on the Afghan Interior Ministry. He was assigned to the 29th Infantry Division Security Partnering Team of the Maryland Army National Guard.

The funeral procession may impact the morning commute and commuters are asked to use caution when travelling alongside the procession and if possible, consider taking an alternate route to work during that time period.

The route of the procession is as follows:

-Depart Evans Funeral Chapel, 8800 Harford Road, Parkville, at 5:00 a.m;
-Travel north on Harford Road to the Baltimore Beltway (I-695);
-Travel west on the Baltimore Beltway toward Towson to I-95 on the southwest side of the Beltway;
-Travel south on I-95 to the Capital Beltway (I-495).
-The procession is expected to reach the Capitol Beltway between 6:00 a.m. and 6:30 a.m., depending on traffic congestion.
-Travel west on the Capitol Beltway to the American Legion Memorial Bridge;
-The Virginia State Police will assume control of the procession after crossing the American Legion Memorial Bridge in Virginia.
-After crossing into Virginia, the procession will exit the Capital Beltway and travel south on the George Washington Memorial Parkway to Arlington National
Cemetery.

Last edited by Howard Hartman; 03-19-2012 at 06:22 PM.