Rockville City Weekly Crime Summary - February 13, 2012
Rockville City Police Department
Tips of the Week:
The Rockville City Police Department would like to provide a few safety and security tips for when residents are at home, in dormitories, hotel rooms, etc.
Police Crime Report
For the Week ending February 13, 2012
Help us in the fight against crime by not becoming a victim.
- Lock or secure doors and windows when you are alone or asleep.
- Keep emergency numbers by your phone.
- Do not let strangers enter dormitories or premises. (This includes lobbies of secured apartment complexes, office buildings, etc.)
- Do not prop open outer doors.
- If a stranger approaches your door and asks to use your phone for an emergency call, offer to place the call for them instead of allowing access.
- Do not put your address on your key ring.
- Get to know your neighbors.
- Call 911 to report suspicious persons, behavior, and activity in or around your neighborhood.
- IF YOU FIND YOURSELF IN IMMEDIATE DANGER, CALL 911; TRY TO STAY CALM AND GET AWAY AT FIRST OPPORTUNITY.
City Police Reported Incidents
A R R E S T S
- 500 block of North Horners Lane, a male, age 44, was arrested for possession of CDS-paraphernalia, possession of CDS-heroin and possession of CDS-Percocet; and also a second male, age 41, was arrested for possession of CDS-paraphernalia following a traffic violation stop on 02/07/12 at 11:50 a.m.
- 1300 block of Piccard Drive, a female, age 72, was arrested for trespassing following on 02/07/12 between 4:00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- A male, age 29, was arrested on a burglary warrant on 02/10/12, for an incident that occurred in the 13300 block of Okinawa Avenue between 01/16/12 – 1:00 p.m. and 02/01/12 – 12:01 a.m.
- 900 block North Stonestreet Avenue, a male, age 50, was arrested for violating a protection order on 02/11/12 between 8:25 a.m. and 8:28 a.m.
I N C I D E N T S
- 200 block of Redland Boulevard, an unknown suspect(s) attempted to gain access into an apartment by prying the front door on 02/02/12 between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. No entry was made.
- 300 block of Lynn Manor Drive, an unknown suspect(s) gained access into a residence through an unlocked front door on 02/09/12 between 2:00 a.m. and 2:20 a.m. Once inside the unknown suspect(s) removed U.S. currency.
- 2200 block of Veirs Mill Road, an unknown suspect(s) gained access into a restaurant by breaking the front glass door between 02/11/12- 11:30 p.m. and 02/12/12 – 5:00 a.m. Once inside the unknown suspect(s) removed U.S. currency and 2 speakers.
- 2200 block of Veirs Mill Road, an unknown suspect(s) attempted to gain entry into a business by breaking the front glass door between 02/11/12 – 11:30 p.m. and 02/12/12 – 5:00 a.m. No entry was made.
- 2000 block of Veirs Mill Road, an unknown suspect(s) gained access into a salon by breaking two glass doors on 02/12/12 between 4:30 a.m. and 9:20 a.m. Once inside the unknown suspect(s) removed U.S. currency.
As a reminder, citizens are encouraged to contact the Rockville City Police Department with any information on incidents listed above or to report a crime occurring within the City limits at 240-314-8900.
- 300 block of Carl Street, the victim reported that known subjects had removed jewelry, clothing, U.S. currency and perfume from her rented room on 02/01/12 between 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- 700 block of Rockville Pike, the victim reported that an unknown subject had removed his wallet and clothing from an unlocked locker on 02/05/12 between 3:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- 15200 block of Shady Grove Road, an unknown subject removed a wallet that had been inadvertently left behind at a bank on 02/06/12 between 12:45 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- 300 block of Martins Lane, unknown subject removed a cell phone and a lock from a locked locker at a recreational facility on 02/07/12 between 3:15 p.m. and 5:35 p.m.
- Unit block of West Edmonston Drive, an unknown subject removed an unattended cell phone from a waiting room at a doctor’s office on 02/08/12 between 2:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- 13200 block of Ardennes Avenue, an unknown subject removed a laptop computer from a locked vehicle on 02/09/12 between 8:45 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- 300 block of Hungerford Drive, an unknown subject entered a business and removed several personal care items on 02/10/12 between 10:42 a.m. and 11:12 a.m.
Subject Description: B/M 30-35 years old, 5’9”-5’11”, 200-220 pounds, medium build, last seen wearing: a black single-strap side-carry backpack, black pants, white sneakers with red laces, a black knit cap, and a black winter jacket
- 600 block of Monroe Street, a victim reported that an unknown subject forced open her vehicle and removed several parts from her vehicle.
- 100 block of East Montgomery Avenue, a victim reported that his wallet was removed from his jacket that was left briefly unattended at a movie theater.