Montgomery County Police 2nd District Weekly Crime Summary - September 28, 2011
2nd District Weekly Crime Summary - September 28, 2011
Reporting Period: September 12, 2011 to September 20, 2011
2nd District Beat Map
Police Station Location Map
All Districts Beat Map
Robbery And Burglary Prevention Safety Tips for Home and Business
CrimeSolvers of Montgomery County
Montgomery County Police Twitter Feed
Additional incidents may have occurred and the reports have not yet been received. The charts in this summary are based on calls for service and may not be indicated via the incidents detailed in this report. Some of the reports may not have been available, or the victim and suspect were known to each other; therefore the case closed. Notable arrests for crime trends are provided via press releases.
• Six thefts from vehicles occurred this week during the overnight period from Tuesday, 9/13 to Wednesday, 9/14 on Colston Drive, Blaine Drive and 16th Street in this Silver Sprjng neighborhood. All had forced entry and loose items were taken.
• A residential burglary occurred in the 4500 block of Elm Street, Chevy Chase overnight from Friday, 9/16 to Saturday, 9/17. Unforced entry; property taken.
• A residential burglary/vehicle theft occurred in the 4400 block of Glenridge Street, Kensington overnight from Wednesday, 9/14 to Thursday, 9/15. Unforced entry; property taken. A vehicle was also taken from the residence.
• A residential burglary occurred in the 3200 block of Park View Road, Chevy Chase on Thursday, 9/15 at approximately noon. Forced entry; property taken.
• Multiple thefts from vehicles occurred sometime from Wednesday, 9/14 through Thursday, 9/15 in the Kensington Parkwood neighborhood. Vehicles were entered without any force and various loose items left inside were removed. Affected streets included: the unit block of Campbell Court, 3500 block of Raymoor Road, 4400 block of Franklin Street, 9700 block of Parkwood Drive, 11100 Mitscher Street, 10100 Thornwood Road and the 10000 block of Wildwood Court.
• An attempted residential burglary occurred in the 6400 block of Kennedy Drive, Chevy Chase sometime between 7:30 a.m. and 5:15 p.m. on Wednesday, 9/14. Attempted forced entry; nothing taken.
• Three thefts from vehicles occurred in the 5800 block of Osceola Court, Bethesda overnight from Sunday, 9/11 to Monday, 9/12. The vehicles were entered without signs of force and items left inside were taken.
• An attempted residential burglary occurred in the 9200 block of Bardon Road, Bethesda on Monday, 9/21 at 12:30 a.m. The victim interrupted an attempted forced entry. When confronted, the suspect left the scene. No entry was gained.
Suspect: H/M, 30-35, 5’10”-6’, 190-200 lbs., black hair, mustache.
• Multiple thefts from vehicles occurred in the 6600 and 7000 blocks of Kenhill Road, Bethesda on Tuesday, 9/20 at approximately 5:00 a.m. Vehicles parked in residential driveways were entered; no force was reported. A purse was taken from one victim, a set of golf clubs, cell phone & cash were taken from the other.
• A commercial burglary occurred at the Apple Store, 7101 Democracy Boulevard, Bethesda between the afternoon of Monday, 9/12 and the morning of Tuesday, 9/13. Forced entry; property taken.
• A residential garage burglary occurred in the 5800 block of Nicholson Lane, Rockville on Wednesday, 9/14 at approximately 9:50 a.m. Unforced entry; property taken.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Section||Replies||Latest Article|
|Montgomery County Police 3rd District Weekly Crime Summary - September 28, 2011||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||09-29-2011 09:55 AM|
|Montgomery County Police 1st District Weekly Crime Summary - September 21, 2011||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||09-22-2011 12:32 PM|
|Montgomery County Police 2nd District Weekly Crime Summary - September 8, 2011||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||09-08-2011 10:52 PM|
|Montgomery County Police 3rd District Weekly Crime Summary - September 8, 2011||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||09-08-2011 10:49 PM|