Weekly Summary: 4th District, 06/05/07 to 06/13/07
Weekly Summary: 4th District, 06/05/07 to 06/13/07
MONTGOMERY COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF POLICE
CRIME ANALYSIS SECTION
· The aggravated assault (knife) reported on Thursday 6/7 in the 1200 block of Hornell Drive was between brothers.
· The burglary in the1300 block of Cavendish Drive occurred on Friday 6/8 0800-1600. There have been three prior burglaries at the same house. Taken: Electronic equipment, and tools.
· The residential burglary in the13500 block of Sherwood Forest Terrace occurred on Wednesday 6/6, 0800 to 1930 hours. Entry was gained, alcoholic beverages, electronic equipment and accessories were taken.
· On Monday 6/11 at 1130 hours, in the15400 block of Langside Drive, a juvenile male victim interrupted a 14 YO Juvenile acquaintance/neighbor, attempting to steal his Kawasaki dirt bike from his backyard. The juvenile was charged as a juvenile with the attempted theft.
· On Monday 6/4 at 1500 hours, an 11-year-old female reported that an H/M in a 2D black or dark blue vehicle was following her at a very slow speed as she walked along Cavendish Drive. In May, the same complainant reported a similar incident
involving a B/M.
· The aggravated assault (fist) on Friday 6/8 at 2315 hours occurred at Uncle Dave’s at 5500 Olney Laytonsville Road and was between two parties that were drinking on the patio. The victim suffered severe facial injuries. The suspect is a W/M, 21-29, 5’11”-6’, 175-195 lbs. red hair in crew cut. The suspect possibly left the restaurant in a 2001 Chevrolet pickup, maroon, driven by a female.
· The aggravated assault (knife, threats only) at 3200 Spartan Road, 0410 hours on Friday 6/8, was domestic in nature.
· The aggravated assault (handgun, turned out to be a lighter that resembles a handgun), on Friday 6/8 at 1340 hours, was the result of an employee of the Sandy Spring Store confronting a shoplifter. The suspect was located walking down Brooke Road;
· The residential burglary reported in the 18300 block of Leman Lake Drive occurred on Tuesday 6/6 0630-1435. There was no sign of forced entry. Property was taken from the master bedroom including Electronic Equipment and accessories.
· The residential burglary attempt occurred on Thursday 6/7, 1530-1600 hours, in the15040 block of Shamrock Ridge Road. Entry was attempted but not gained.
· The residential burglary in the 2200 block of Victor Court occurred on Friday 6/8 0830-1315 hours. The suspects tampered with other property in the house, but took Electronic equipment.
· The residential burglary in the 3700 block of Bel Pre Road on Monday 6/11 at 0100 hours was acquaintance-related and the result of a dispute
· Three thefts from vehicles were reported over night Wednesday 6/6 to Thursday 6/7 in the 15100 block of Homecrest Road, the 2600 block of Camelback Lane, and the 2400 block of Copper Mountain Terrace. Two vehicles were broken into and one was unlocked. Taken: cleaning equipment, Electronic Equipment and one air bag.
· The sex assault reported on Saturday 6/9 at the Bel Pre Health and Rehabilitation Center at 2601 Bel Pre Road was to a patient by two caretakers and is under investigation.
· The armed street robbery at Veirs Mill Road and Havard Street occurred on Sunday 6/10 at 0310 hours. The adult male victim was on foot. The suspects, H/M, 18-22, 5’6”, 160 and H/M, 18-22, 5’4”, 160 lbs. pulled up in a black minivan with the right rear passenger window covered with black plastic. The suspects exited the van and displayed a knife and a handgun. The suspects forced the victim to the ground and at gun and knife point removed cash from the victim. The suspects re-entered the van and headed east on Havard Street into the neighborhood.
· The burglaries in the 12700 block of Connecticut Avenue and the 12700 block of Feldon Street on Tuesday 6/5 0545-1400 were to two sheds. Lawn-care equipment was removed from both sheds.
· Two burglaries on Holdridge Road are not related.
· On Wednesday 6/6 at 2256 hours, a traffic stop on a unstated color Dodge Neon MD in the 12800 block of Atherton Drive resulted in the recovery of a Lorcin .25 caliber semi-automatic handgun. Fernando Hernandez, H/M, Francisco Hernandez-Perez H/M and Jose Sergio Licona H/M were arrested on various traffic and criminal charges, including the handgun.
· The five thefts from vehicles occurred on different days around the beat. It is unknown if they are related; see the printout for specifics.
· The armed street robbery occurred in the 2600 block of Cory Terrace on Thursday 6/7 at 2240 hours. The adult male victim was on foot. The suspects drove up in a red vehicle, possible Honda or Toyota. Three H/M’s 18-25, all thin build and wearing black clothing, exited the vehicle. One suspect displayed a black handgun and the suspects relieved the victim of his cash and personal items. Two of the suspects were masked, they assaulted the victim. The suspects re-entered the suspect vehicle and drove south on Grandview Avenue.
· The burglary in the 2120 block of Randolph Road occurred on Wednesday 6/6 0830-1730. At 0825 hours, initially a family member heard a noise and discovered that two H/M’s 15-18 attempting to enter the apartment. They apologized and stated they would not do it again. Later in the day the apartment was entered and jewelry was taken.
· The burglary in the11500 block of Colt Terrace occurred on Friday 6/8, 0500-1000 hours. The victim discovered his home had been entered. A blue piggy bank appears to be the only property taken.
· On Thursday 6/7 0300-0600, vehicles were broken into in the 500 and 800 blocks of Stonington Road, the 520 block of Ridgewell Way, and the 1500 block of Billman Lane. One vehicle was unlocked, the other three were entered. Taken: Pieces of Electronic Equipment.
· Two street robberies along Veirs Mill Road involved multiple male suspects:
· The aggravated assault (box cutter) in the bushes at University and Georgia on Sunday 6/10 at 1858 hours was the result of a Fire/Rescue call for one down. The intoxicated suspect took umbrage to the ambulance crew checking his welfare and began swinging the box cutter. The knife was recovered from his pocket and he was arrested.
· The burglary at the Wheaton North office building #804 was to a rarely used office. Sodas and snacks are missing from the office.
· The burglary at 2053 Westchester Drive on Tuesday 6/5 was acquaintance-related. See the printout for defendant information.
· On Friday 6/8 at 1000 hours, the adult female victim was shopping in Target at the mall. A 6/M, 30-40 years, 5’10” with long black hair, was lying on the floor, looking up her skirt. The suspect left the store when the victim stated she was calling the police. The event was not recorded on the surveillance camera.
The original report was not available to be attached
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Section||Replies||Latest Article|
|Weekly Summary: 1st District, 05/01/07 to 05/09/07||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||05-16-2007 07:38 PM|
|Weekly Summary: 4th District, 04/17/07 to 04/25/07||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||05-02-2007 02:59 PM|
|Weekly Summary: 1st District, 04/03/07 to 04/11/07||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||04-17-2007 01:29 PM|
|Weekly Summary: 1st District, 02/27/07 to 03/07/07||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||03-10-2007 05:38 PM|
|Weekly Summary: 4th District, 02/27/07 to 03/07/07||Howard Hartman||Weekly Crime Summaries||0||03-09-2007 03:06 PM|