Rockville City Weekly Crime Summary July 9, 2012
Rockville City Police Department
Tips of the Week:
The Rockville City Police Department would like to provide residents with the following tips: “What to do if you are involved in a vehicle accident.”
Police Crime Report
For the Week ending July 9, 2012
Help us in the fight against crime by not becoming a victim.
- Your safety is the first and most important thing to look for. Be Safe and Watch for Traffic!!
- Do not stand in the roadway without some type of safety features. This could be road flares, traffic cones or someone wearing a traffic vest to direct traffic around the scene.
- Determine if there are any injuries, if so, Do Not Move Vehicles or Injured Parties and immediately notify 911 and be prepared to provide them the following:
- Exactly where the accident location is.
- Your name, address and phone number.
- Nature of injuries.
- If there are any utilities involved, i.e., power lines, fire hydrants, etc.
- You may provide first aid but unless absolutely needed, do not move any injured person as you may cause greater injury.
- Try to keep all parties calm and in a central location. Same thing applies for witnesses.
- If a witness cannot wait for the police to arrive, you do not have the authority to detain them.
- If possible, have the witness write down their name, address, home and work numbers
- Do not get involved in arguing with the involved parties or witnesses about who is at fault or make any inflammatory statements.
- If there are no injuries and the cars are drivable, move them out of the roadway to a safe location such as a parking lot or a side street.
City Police Reported Incidents
A R R E S T S
- 400 block of College Parkway, a male, age 19, was arrested for possession of CDS-marijuana on 07/02/12 between 5:08 p.m. and 5:13 p.m.
- 300 block of Martins Lane, a male, age 23, was arrested for failing to obey a lawful order and hindering on 07/06/12 at 9:00 a.m.
- 100 block of Gibbs Street, a male, age 21, was arrested for theft on 07/07/12 at 6:45 p.m.
- 100 block of Gibbs Street, a male, age 15, was arrested for trespassing on 07/07/12 at 10:25 p.m.
- 1500 block of Rockville Pike, a male, age 37, was arrested for trespassing on 07/08/12 between 4:40 p.m. and 4:50 p.m.
- 400 block of Beall Avenue, 2 males, ages 12 and 14, were arrested for 4th degree burglary on 07/09/12 between 12:55 a.m. and 1:30 a.m.
I N C I D E N T S
As a reminder, citizens are encouraged to contact the Rockville City Police Department with any information on incidents listed above or to report a crime occurring within the City limits at 240-314-8900.
- Unit block of Maryland Avenue, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed a laptop from an office suite between 06/24/12-11:00 a.m. and 07/06/12-8:00 a.m.
- 200 block of Richard Montgomery Drive, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed her Kindle, while at a school on 07/01/12 between 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- 200 block of West Edmonston Drive, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed golf clubs, a pair of golf shoes, tennis shoes, 4 golf shirts, a golf bag, and a golf club travel case from an unlocked vehicle on 07/02/12 between 1:01 a.m. and 23:59 p.m.
- 5900 block of Halpine Road, an unknown subject attempted to gain access by butting a rear screen porch door and by trying to pry open a rear kitchen window at a residence on between 07/02/12-10:00 p.m. and 07/03/12-8:00 a.m. No entry was made.
- Unit block of Preserve Parkway, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed her unattended purse containing an Ipod, make-up, a debit card, a cell phone charger and an ID card from a table at a restaurant on 07/03/12 between 12:01 a.m. and 12:20 a.m.
- 1800 block of Piccard Drive, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed her purse containing U.S. currency, a credit card and a driver’s license on 07/03/12 between 8:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- 1600 block of Coral Sea Drive, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed a tire gauge with case and U.S. currency from an unlocked vehicle on 07/03/12 at 11:14 p.m.
Suspect Description: B/M, 15-18 years old, 5’10”-6’0”, 150-170 pounds, Afro style haircut
- 400 block of Elmcroft Boulevard, an unknown subject attempted to gain access by kicking at the door if an apartment on 7/4/12 between 12:28 a.m. and 12:29 a.m. No entry was made.
- 2000 block of Baltimore Road, the complainant reported that an unknown subject removed a designer watch from a packaged that had been delivered to her apartment between 07/01/12-12:00 p.m. and 07/05/12-12:00 p.m.